NATIONAL IN-THEATER SCREENING SERIES HOSTED BY ROLLING STONE FILM CRITIC PETER TRAVERS LAUNCHES SPONSORSHIP CAMPAIGN
NEW YORK, Sept. 22, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The New York Film Critics Series(r) (NYFCS(r)), one of the leading word-of-mouth screening companies, has partnered with the nation's leading independent cinemas to present live, national, in-theater screenings. The events are moderated by Peter Travers, film critic for Rolling Stone Magazine and ABC's Popcorn, along with additional coverage by Alison Bailes of BBC, More Magazine, WOR Radio, and The Charlie Rose Show. The series presents live, interactive, in-theater; pre-release movies and big screen HD simulcast with the stars and filmmakers.
The NYFCS event will include an exclusive, live, interactive, HD Simulcast to 50 U.S. locations. The series takes place exclusively in theaters and is never available on TV or the internet.
This is not an annual festival, it takes place all year long in 60+ U.S. in-theater locations. The spots and promotional mat's are in place 365 days a year. It is a new concept and the only one of its kind. The NYFCS(r) is very easy to work with, very flexible and scalable.
* WHAT: The New York Film Critics Series(r) (NYFCS(r)) 1996.
* WHERE: 63 Independent Movie Theaters in 30 U.S. States
* WHEN: 2-3 times per month, all year long.
* SIGNIFICANT VALUE: NYFCS/Sponsored Spots on 450 Screens 3 times per day, 7 days per week, all year long. These are lights down, trailered spots and NOT lights up "twenty" pre-show. ($131K/month value)
* ONE OF A KIND SERIES: Pre-release screenings of major prestige movies and exclusive, in-theater, simulcast show with prominent hosts, movie stars and famous directors. Show also includes multi on-screen questions from U.S. locations
* CURRENT HIGHLIGHTS: James Franco (Child of God), Rob Reiner (And So It Goes), Director David O. Russell (American Hustle), Bruce Dern, Will Forte, June Squibb (Nebraska), Andy Garcia (At Middleton), Daniel Radcliffe (What If), Tom Hardy (Locke), Gillian Flynn (Gone Girl)
* HOSTS: Peter Travers (Rolling Stone, ABC-TV) and Alison Bailes (IFC, NBC, More Magazine, BBC)
* OPPORTUNITY: Customized, scalable sponsorships and or monthly media buys. Association with Hollywood, NYFCS(r): Social Network Agency; PR; red carpet; VIP comped tickets; receptions; promotional ops; customized host pitches; ubiquitous native environment branding; original content; individual movie theater location physical marketing materials and signage.
* SERIES SUMMARY: The New York Film Critics Series(r) (NYFCS(r)), one of the leading word-of-mouth screening companies, has partnered with the nation's leading independent cinemas to present live, national, in-theater screenings. The events are hosted by Peter Travers, film critic for Rolling Stone Magazine and ABC's Popcorn, along with additional coverage by Alison Bailes of BBC, More Magazine, WOR Radio, and The Charlie Rose Show.
The series presents live, interactive, in-theater; pre-release movies and big screen HD simulcast with the stars and filmmakers.
Up until now, live talent has only been accessible to the public in NY, LA and at festivals. Now everyone throughout the country can enjoy up close and personal moments from major movie stars, producers, writers and directors in the comfort of their own neighborhood theaters. Regional preview screenings are happening all the time, but never with a live, talent conversation component. This is a comprehensive, industry wide turn-key marketing tool complete with robust media and in-theater assets to 400+ screens.
A regular series of ongoing preview screenings is established in 50 select major markets. Audiences experience all of the excitement of live Q &A sessions, hosted by Peter Travers. The big screen events deliver 9-13 curated pre-release films per year to discerning audiences on a monthly basis. Each film in the screening series is introduced live by Peter Travers. Audiences then see the best films prior to their release followed by live, HD Q &A between Travers, audiences and talent from the films. Each piece brings the energy and VIP nature of prestigious, NYC screenings for nationwide audiences to interact with stars and directors via two-way simulcast. The Series is never available on the internet or on TV.
This is the first ever live national in-theater screening series which will entertain, educate, surprise, and refresh the spirit of true independent and foreign language filmmaking through provocative story-telling. The NYFCS(r) is dedicated to producing inspiring events in a collaborative environment and to nurturing the long-term success of movies. Featuring an energetic, creative, and experienced team, the NYFCS(r) exhibits socially and culturally relevant films with live world-class talent in the best independent theaters throughout the US.
The July NYFCS screening series included the films AND SO IT GOES (starring Michael Douglas & Diane Keaton) with a live visit by director Rob Reiner, CHILD OF GOD with James Franco on-hand and WHAT IF with live appearances by stars Daniel Radcliffe and Zoe Kazan. The May event featured the movie CHEF with live appearance by filmmaker & star Jon Favreau (Iron Man, Elf, Made, Swingers). The April event was LOCKE, starring Tom Hardy (Bronson, The Dark Knight Rises). The event featured live appearances by Tom Hardy and writer / director Steven Knight (Eastern Promises & Dirty
Pretty Things). Other recent films screened at NYFCS include: NEBRASKA, AMERICAN HUSTLE, HECTOR AND THE SEARCH FOR HAPPINESS AT MIDDLETON and BREATHE IN.
About The New York Film Critics Series(r):
Peter Travers, Host: Peter is an American film critic, who has written for, in turn, People and Rolling Stone. Travers also hosts a celebrity interview show called Popcorn on ABC News Now. Travers joined Rolling Stone in 1989 after a four-year stint with People. He's best known for his basic writing style that eschews a more sophisticated analysis for an easy-to-read and often very opinionated form. Travers is the nation's most blurbed film critic. Peter has hosted the NYFCS for over 10 years. In addition to Rolling Stone Magazine, ABC-TV, Peter appears regularly on Newsweek & The Daily Beast, The Soho Apple Store, and CNN.
Alison Bailes, Correspondent: Alison is the film critic for BBC, More Magazine and a contributing critic for "Ebert Presents at the Movies" on PBS. She appears on NBC's Today Show as a film critic and industry reporter. Alison also appears regularly on Charlie Rose along with A.O. Scott of the NY times and others. She guest hosts the New York Film Critics Series(r) and maintains her own film website.
Alison co-hosted the NBC Universal weekly movie review show "Lyons & Bailes Reel Talk". She and Jeffrey Lyons shared their different perspectives on the latest film and DVD releases, gave viewers the latest news from the box office and reported on industry trends. "Reel Talk" also featured celebrity interviews. Prior to joining WNBC, Alison created "At The Angelika" for the Independent Film Channel. She wrote, produced and hosted this monthly look at the independent film scene, which later became known as "At The IFC Center." Previously, Alison was a senior producer of the weekly film magazine show, "Flix" on VH1. She began her career at CNN, working for their daily entertainment news show "Showbiz Today." A UK native, Alison has lived in the United States since 1989. She graduated from Oxford University, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in French and German Literature. An avid athlete, she also received a sporting honor, half-blue, in rowing.
Independent Theaters: The NYFCS(r) network of U.S. theaters are independent partners that are dedicated to presenting the finest films available. These are exhibitors who take great pride in their shows and provide patrons with state-of-the-art, live HD experiences in the comfort of their convenient locations. Each location has been carefully chosen to ensure the best possible experience that is available in domestic, independent cinema today.
CONTACT: Series Producer Mark Ehrenkranz firstname.lastname@example.orgSource: NY Film Critics (New York Film Critics)