CHICAGO, Sept. 24, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Family Office Exchange (FOX), a global membership organization of private family enterprises, their family offices, and key advisors, turns 25 years old this month and will celebrate this milestone achievement at the 2014 FOX Fall Forum to be held in Chicago October 28-30.
"This is a momentous occasion for us. We have had a front row seat as the management of family offices has matured as a profession. FOX has played a role identifying best practices, developing comparative metrics, and creating productive peer networks to further the development of the industry," observed Sara Hamilton, Founder and CEO of Family Office Exchange. "As we look forward, we see financial families and families with businesses developing into family enterprises that grow both their private capital and private philanthropy. They have better tools than ever before to ensure the long term sustainability of their enterprise and the well-being of their future generations. That is what this Fall Forum is about."
The theme of the conference is "Building Bridges: Charting Your Family's Future." The focus is on how families formulate and execute the plans for their family enterprise. This approach requires a broad perspective that encompasses the family business-- if it is still under family control, the family's financial wealth, the development of the human capital of the family, and the impact of the philanthropy that expresses the family's concern for the future.
Highlights of the 25th Anniversary FOX Fall Forum include:
- A European family explaining the guiding principles that have enabled them to thrive over six generations
- A U.S. family explaining how they develop leaders in the next generation
- Two entrepreneurs, speaking as keynoters at lunch each day, showing how the power of private capital can impact positive change on a significant scale in developing counties
- Presentation of the results from the 2014 FOX SFO Benchmarking Study, an annual project with over 100 member families, covering governance, cost, compensation, technology, and communication.
- The first public discussion of FOX's new Client of the Future study about the experience, expectations, and engagement of Next Generation family members.
- Major social events at the Art Institute of Chicago and The Field Museum
- Breakout sessions featuring industry experts covering a broad range of interests including family governance, performance reporting, trustee responsibilities, sports team ownership, family office metrics, liquid alternatives, tax policy, client communication, and data security.
Key speakers will be historian and demographer Neil Howe, family entrepreneurs Adam Braun, Hendrik Jordaan, and Michael Coors, and educator Joline Godfrey.
Always an important part of a FOX event is secure, confidential peer exchange where carefully matched groups of members participate in private discussions about issues of common concern.
The FOX Fall Forum is open to FOX members and qualified family principals and family office executives. The full agenda is available at https://www.familyoffice.com/learning-events/forums/2014-fox-fall-forum-agenda.
About Family Office Exchange
For background information: https://www.familyoffice.com/media-kit.
The Family Office Exchange LLC logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=13984
CONTACT: Media contact Marvin Pollack email@example.com 312-327-1200
Source:Family Office Exchange LLC