RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif., Oct. 6, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cesca Therapeutics Inc. (Nasdaq:KOOL), an autologous cell-based regenerative medicine company announced today that Kenneth Harris the Company's President will present at the 4th Annual Stem Cell Meeting on the Mesa to be held October 7-9 in La Jolla, CA.
Organized by the Alliance for Regenerative Medicine (ARM), the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM) and the Sanford Consortium for Regenerative Medicine, the 2014 Stem Cell Meeting on the Mesa is a three-day conference aimed at bringing together senior executives and top decision makers in the regenerative medicine industry with the scientific community to advance cutting-edge research into cures. The Partnering Forum, held October 7 and 8 at the Estancia La Jolla Hotel, is the first and only partnering meeting of its kind dedicated solely to facilitating connections for the regenerative medicine and advanced therapies industry.
The meeting also features a nationally recognized Scientific Symposium, held October 9 at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies, showcasing leading academic research in the field of regenerative medicine. Combined, these meetings attract nearly 800 attendees from around the globe, fostering key partnerships through one-on-one meetings while also highlighting clinical and commercial progress in the field.
The following are specific details regarding the presentation by Cesca Therapeutics at the conference:
|Event:||2014 Stem Cell Meeting on the Mesa – Partnering Forum|
|Date:||Tuesday, October 7, 2014|
|Time:||2:30pm PT/5:30pm ET|
|Location:||Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa, 9700 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037|
A live video webcast of all company presentations will be available at: http://stemcellmeetingonthemesa.com/webcast/ and will also be published on ARM's website shortly after the event.
Please visit http://stemcellmeetingonthemesa.com/ for full information including registration. Complimentary attendance at this event is available for credentialed investors and members of the media only. Investors and media should contact Laura Parsons at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Cesca Therapeutics
Cesca Therapeutics Inc. (www.cescatherapeutics.com) is engaged in the research, development, and commercialization of autologous cell-based therapeutics for use in regenerative medicine. We are a leader in developing and manufacturing automated blood and bone marrow processing systems that enable the separation, processing and preservation of cell and tissue therapy products. These include:
- SurgWerks™ Platform, proprietary stem cell therapy point-of-care kit systems for treating vascular and orthopedic indications that integrate the following indication specific systems:
- Cell harvesting
- Cell processing and selection
- Cell diagnostics
- Cell delivery
- CellWerksTM Platform, a proprietary stem cell laboratory kit for processing target cells used in the treatments of oncological and hematological disorders.
- AXP® AutoXpress® Platform (AXP), a proprietary family of automated devices that includes the AXP and the MXP® MarrowXpress® and companion sterile blood processing disposables for harvesting stem cells in closed systems. The AXP device is used for the processing of cord blood.
- The MarrowXpress Platform (MXP), a derivative product of the AXP and its accompanying disposable bag set, isolates and concentrates stem cells from bone marrow. Self-powered and microprocessor-controlled, the MXP contains flow control optical sensors that volume-reduces blood from bone marrow to a user defined volume in 30 minutes, while retaining over 90% of the MNCs.
- The Res-Q™ 60 (Res-Q), a point-of-care system designed for the preparation of cell concentrates, including stem cells, from bone marrow aspirates and whole blood for platelet rich plasma (PRP).
- The BioArchive® System, an automated cryogenic device, used by cord blood stem cell banks in more than 30 countries for cryopreserving and archiving cord blood stem cell units for transplant.
Source:Cesca Therapeutics Inc.