ROCKAWAY, N.J., Oct. 6, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- With the ultimate fright night falling on a Friday this year, Halloween will be more popular than ever for ghouls and guys, young and old. This spooky season, let the creativity flow by going beyond the packaged costume with Party City's exclusive costume accessories that inspire personalized looks for each individual party goer. Countless options to create one-of-a-kind characters help shoppers go from school to trick-or-treating, from day to night and from party to party without repeating an outfit.
Each year Party City, North America's leading Halloween retailer, analyzes pop culture, the latest fashion crazes and Hollywood blockbusters to determine the year's biggest costume trends. Party City is bringing styles across all genres from classic Halloween looks to pop culture-inspired characters to life with clever costumes, trendy accessories and character-themed statement pieces to mix, match and make your own unique character this season.
- MARVEL-ous Heroes: With movies like "Guardians of the Galaxy," "Captain America: The Winter Solider" and "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" scoring box office records, it's no surprise superheroes remain a top costume trend. Party City's exclusive Marvel® Mix and Match Shop is full of superhero costume accessories, allowing the entire family to show off their "MARVEL-ous" side with masks, shields and gloves. Additionally, Party City's officially licensed Marvel American Dream accessories, which include "I Only Date Superheroes" t-shirts and red, white and blue hoodies, are perfect for any caped crusader looking for costume pieces to last beyond the Halloween season.
- Disney Princesses: Every little girl dreams of becoming a princess, and Disney's collection of beloved princesses make Halloween a fairy tale come true. Everyone's favorite movie "Frozen" melted the hearts of parents and children nationwide. Widely considered the most popular princess of 2014, Elsa is capturing the imagination of little girls, creating a flurry of demand for the royal sisters of Arendale. To create a customized Frozen character, Party City's Disney Princess Boutique is the best resource for enchanting costume accessories, providing endless options to standout. Combine the Elsa tutu dress with turquoise long gloves and sequin leg warmers and pair alongside the Anna tutu dress, satin cape and auburn braided wig for a Halloween full of sisterly love. The popularity of these costume accessories isn't frozen in time either, little princesses will be playing dress up with statement pieces all year long.
- Day of the Dead: The growing influence of Hispanic culture in the U.S. has made this traditional Latin American holiday rise in popularity, making skull motifs, skeleton prints and sugar skull makeup popular Halloween trends. For a drop-dead gorgeous look this Halloween, Party City's exclusive Day of the Dead costumes and Black and Bone costume accessories combine bold, colorful designs and flower details with romantic lace-trimmed fabrics. Inspired by traditional calavera designs, Party City's sugar skull face tattoo kit achieves that pristine, beautiful sugar skull makeup look without the hassle of a professional makeup artist.
- My Little Pony: This Halloween, both children and adults are celebrating the magic of friendship with costumes inspired by the classic Hasbro hit, "My Little Pony." Young adults began flocking to these equestrian best friends after the cartoon gained Internet fandom, and Party City offers My Little Pony costumes, mix and match accessories and character-themed clothing to satisfy this growing trend. Snuggly soft hoodies with pony ears and rainbow mane, sparkling "cutie mark" body jewelry and glittery blue Rainbow Dash wings are the perfect accessories to create a one-of-kind Pegasus pony.
- Throwback Comebacks: Hollywood blockbusters and entertainment media are popularizing cherished characters from the 1980s and 1990s, including Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers and Transformers. Consumers nostalgic for the superheroes and cartoon characters from their childhood will enjoy Party City's vast assortment of costume accessories. With kids and parents enjoying the same characters, these crime-fighting gangs make great group costume ideas for the entire family.
- Color Coordinates: Bright neon hues that span the color spectrum are all the rage in 2014, making color a great way to showcase a shopper's personality.One-piece spandex Partysuits layered with jewelry, glasses and moustaches or ravewear paired with kaleidoscopic wigs, leg warmers and tutus create a bold costume with big personality. Party City carries 13 colors in the most popular accessories, great for dressing up Halloween costumes, game-day attire, and fundraising events like Race for the Cure.
As the leading Halloween retailer with more than 800 stores, Party City has thousands of styles and millions of costumes to create one-of-a-kind Halloween characters. For more costume inspiration, Party City's website features a special Halloween & Party Ideas tab with helpful videos, photo galleries and costume makeup tutorials. Visit a local Party City store or PartyCity.com for additional information on this year's hottest Halloween costumes.
About Party City
Party City Holdings Inc. designs, manufactures, contracts for manufacture and distributes party goods, including paper and plastic tableware, metallic balloons, accessories, novelties, gifts, and stationery and is North America's No. 1 party retailer with more than 800 company-owned and franchise locations throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Headquartered in Rockaway, N.J., Party City became part of the Amscan Holdings, Inc., family in 2005. With their worldwide facilities in Asia, Europe and Australia, as well as distribution centers in the Americas, the merger has made it possible to design, manufacture and distribute products in the United States and overseas. The vision of providing more party for less has made Party City the largest specialty party retailer and premiere Halloween destination in North America.
CONTACT: For More Information: The Zimmerman Agency Catherine Nissley 850.668.2222 firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Party City