LOS ANGELES, Oct. 10, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AES (Booth #1201) -- Avid® (OTC:AVID) today introduced a major addition to its suite of proven and trusted control surfaces for sound recording, mixing, and editing, further delivering on Avid Everywhere™. The compact Pro Tools® | S3 desktop control surface is a streamlined, versatile mixing solution that gives sound engineers the powerful, intelligent control they need to work more ergonomically and efficiently, create the highest-quality mixes, and expand mixing capabilities and job opportunities.
When used together, Avid Pro Tools | S3 and Pro Tools | Software—both part of the Avid Artist Suite of creative tools powered by the Avid MediaCentral Platform—deliver the most streamlined, economical, and tightly integrated approach to mixing and recording in smaller-sized studios or mobile settings.
"In today's competitive post and music mixing environment, shrinking budgets and tighter schedules are commonplace," said Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of Products and Technology at Avid. "To succeed, audio professionals need to streamline and accelerate their workflow, as well as broaden the scope and capabilities of their mixing solutions to handle the most sophisticated projects. The affordable Pro Tools | S3 delivers the power, efficiency, and versatility engineers need to deliver fast turnarounds in the most demanding environments."
The Pro Tools | S3 control surface is designed to help sound engineers:
- Expand mixing capabilities, and take on a diverse range of projects: Based on the award-winning Pro Tools | S6 control surface, the S3 features open integration with Pro Tools | Software and other EUCON-enabled digital audio workstations like Logic Pro, Cubase, and more.
- Meet strict project deadlines: By combining traditional console layout with the proven advancements of the S6, Pro Tools | S3 delivers highly intuitive recording, editing, and mixing control—along with the power and efficiency to meet fast turnaround times.
- Mix on-the-go: The compact form factor fits into any space, making Pro Tools | S3 ideal for small project studios or on-the-go music and post mixing.
- Work the way they want: Engineers can customize the surface to their unique needs by creating custom channel layouts, all recallable at any time. Pro Tools | S3 can switch between two applications with ease, giving users the choice to work however they want, and the capability to take on the largest, most demanding mixes.
- Fit well into any studio and workflow: Pro Tools | S3 easily integrates with solutions across the Avid MediaCentral Platform, as well as a studio's existing systems and workflows to deliver deep hardware/software integration and control at a fraction of the price of high-end consoles.
Full hardware controls include:
- 16 channel strips, each with a touch-sensitive, motorized fader and 10-segment signal level meter (supports up to 6 fader banks)
- 32 touch-sensitive, push-button rotary encoders for panning, gain control, plug-in parameter adjustments, and more (16 channel control, 16 assignable), each with a tricolor LED function indicator
- 32 high-resolution OLED displays for viewing track names/numbers, detailed metering data (from mono to 5.1 surround), parameter names/values, current automation mode, and more
- Solo, mute, channel select, and record/automation-enable keys on every channel
- Touch strip provides easy access to transport controls
- Dozens of dedicated buttons and switches for navigation, automation, control assignment, and software control
- Built-in 4x6 AVB Core Audio interface includes 2 XLR mic/line inputs, 2 TRS line inputs, 2 XLR line outputs, 2 TRS line outputs, and a stereo headphone output
Avid Pro Tools | S3 will be available November 2014 through Avid resellers worldwide.
Through Avid Everywhere, Avid delivers the industry's most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption for the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world—from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, and television shows, to live concerts and news broadcasts. Industry leading solutions include Pro Tools®, Media Composer®, ISIS®, Interplay®, and Sibelius®. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+; or subscribe to Avid Blogs.
© 2014 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Avid, the Avid logo, Interplay, ISIS, Media Composer, Pro Tools, and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. The Interplay name is used with the permission of the Interplay Entertainment Corp. which bears no responsibility for Avid products. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Avid Sara Griggs email@example.com 310-907-6909
Source:Avid Technology, Inc.