Redwood City, Calif., Oct. 14, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced that NI, a leading producer of automated test equipment and virtual instrumentation software, is implementing Informatica Cloud as the data integration backbone of its sales and marketing automation initiative. By using Informatica Cloud, NI aims to increase the efficiency and lower the costs of providing near real-time, complete customer views to its global sales and marketing teams.
Informatica Cloud, which was selected by NI earlier this year, will be used to synchronize customer and sales data across NI Salesforce Sales Cloud, Eloqua and Oracle e-Business Suite. This will enable NI sales personnel to have a complete and near real-time picture of accounts and individual customers, with all information pertaining to quotes, orders and service requests.
Previously, all NI data integrations and mappings were accomplished using hand-coded SQL statements, which are costly and exceedingly time-consuming to create and change. In contrast, Informatica will help NI:
- Increase business agility by empowering developers to create/modify data integrations in minutes or hours as opposed to weeks or months.
- Reduce development costs by providing the ability to extensively reuse data integration objects, such as mappings, across projects for rapid time-to-value and higher quality results.
- Improve IT and business efficiency by eventually placing self-service data integration capabilities into the hands of "super users."
- Fully leverage its data integration investments by accessing, aggregating and managing any type of data from any source - in the cloud or on-premise - and accommodating different computing platforms and data consumption models.
- "NI is intent on being agile and data-driven, and our new cloud integration infrastructure is a cornerstone of that endeavor," said Roger Brown, IT manager, NI. "Unlike other cloud integration solutions we evaluated, Informatica Cloud is exceptionally intuitive, meaning we didn't need to spend a lot of time figuring out how to use it; it just worked. Additionally, we have the potential to seamlessly extend our Informatica implementation beyond our immediate cloud integration needs to encompass our large on-premise footprint, as well."
- "Like many companies, NI is breaking apart its existing monolithic application environment and introducing new best-of-breed applications, often in hybrid IT environments," said Ronen Schwartz, vice president and general manager, Informatica Cloud. "Informatica is dedicated to helping enterprises realize the maximum potential of their data, whether it resides in cloud applications, on-premise systems, or is spread across both."
Tweet this: NI standardizes on @InformaticaCorp Cloud for complete customer views http://bit.ly/1vPzatF @NIglobal
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world's number one independent provider of software. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica to realize their information potential and drive top business imperatives. Informatica Vibe, the industry's first and only embeddable virtual data machine (VDM), powers the unique "Map Once. Deploy Anywhere." capabilities of the Informatica Platform. Worldwide, over 5,000 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets from devices to mobile to social to big data residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informatica and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica, Informatica Cloud, Informatica Platform and Informatica Vibe are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.