NEW YORK, Oct. 16, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
What? 9 Chefs team up to create tasty finger foods.
Understanding an Apéritif à la Francaise ( ə-per-ə-tēf ä-lä-fräⁿ-sez ): an "aperitif" typically consists of a glass of wine, liquor, cocktail, sparkling or champagne served with bite size starters to spark their appetite before a meal. Much more than just a few drinks, "aperitif" is a very casual & relaxed moment with family & friends, a definite favorite for French people.
Food creativity to be tested on-site
During the 3-day event and running through December 2014, a contest will be held encouraging visitors & every foodie to create their own recipe using cheeses from Merci Chef and other ingredients (olive oil, honey, etc). A panel of judges will vote for the 3 most original yet delicious recipes with the best pictures. Each winner will be rewarded with Amex gift cards ranging from $1,000 to $250.
Where & When?
A 3 day food & wine experience in a typical French setting at Grand Tasting presented by ShopRite located at Pier 94 (55th Street and the West Side Highway)
- Friday, October 17th - 12 to 5 pm
- Saturday, October 18th & Sunday, October 19th - 12 to 6 pm
To purchase entry tickets to Grand Tasting: www.nycwff.org/e/grand_tasting_presented_by_shoprite-215
From cheese, bread, mustard to charcuterie & canelé, visitors will taste some of the finest French products donated by 8 sponsors, eager to spread the word about "Aperitif" in the US.
- MERCI CHEF, French cheeses for every occasion
- Maille, the #1 brand of imported mustard in the United States
- Jacquet, baking wholesome authentic bread since 1885
- D'Artagnan, 30 years of expertise in the finest meats, mushrooms & truffles in the US
- Canelé by Céline, New York's first canelé - only bakery store
Wine & Spirits
- Sacha Lichine, from red to white to rosé wines, life should be easy to drink
- Lucien Albrecht : one of the most distinguished and long standing wine brands in Alsace
- Domaine de Canton : the world's first premium ginger spirit
9 Chefs will prepare finger foods, easy to recreate at home to throw an "aperitif".
- Claude Godard Executive Chef / President of Madison Bistro And Jeanne & Gaston, NY
- Bernard Liberatore Director of Culinary Operation & Executive Chef Core Club, NY
- Guy Reuge, Chef-owner of Mirabelle in Stony Brook, Long Island, NY
- Pascal Petiteau Owner, Bistro Vendome, NY
- Jean-Michel Bergougnoux Owner at L'Absinthe Brasserie, NY
- Hervé Malivert – Director of culinary technology & Culinary Chef Coordinator, The International Culinary Center, NY
- Jean-Claude Teulade, Executive Chef Bistro Chagall, Brooklyn, NY
About Aperitif à la Française
10 years ago- Sopexa Group-the marketing agency for Food and Wine Lifestyle- decided to capitalize on the fun experience of Apéritif to promote the image of Food and Wine of France. With the support of the French Ministry of Food and Agriculture, Sopexa Group launched a worldwide happening called "Apéritif à la Française".
The goal is to promote and support sales of French food and beverages in a casual way. 2014 is the 11th edition and will be celebrated in 10 cities (Tokyo, Dubaï, Copenhagen, Dusseldorf, Montreal, Milan, Sao Paulo, Hong-Kong, New York and Paris)
For additional information, please visit www.aperitifalafrancaise.com
CONTACT: Valerie GERARD-MATSUURA Senior Account Manager + (1) 646-696-80