WALTHAM, Mass., Oct. 20, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bit9® + Carbon Black®, the leader in endpoint threat prevention, detection and response, today announced that its 2014 User Xchange will take place at the Westin Boston Waterfront Hotel from Sunday, Oct. 26 through Tuesday, Oct. 28, 2014. Registrations to date have already established a new record for attendees.
The event is open to all customers of Bit9 + Carbon Black. Click here to register. Current registrants are coming from more than two dozen states as well as Europe and include Fortune 100 and 500 companies. Industries represented include retail, oil and gas, financial services, telecommunications, life sciences, education, government, health care, and manufacturing.
Keynote speakers at the event will be:
- Richard Clarke, chairman & CEO of Good Harbor Security Risk Management, LLC, and an internationally-recognized expert on cyber security, homeland security, national security, and counterterrorism. He is currently an on-air consultant for ABC News and teaches at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government. Clarke will share his thoughts on the global cyber security landscape.
- Mike Rothman, analyst and president of Securosis, an information security research and advisory firm. Rothman has been an IT and security company executive and is a longtime analyst. He also authored the book The Pragmatic CSO. Rothman's presentation will look out at security's next 10 years and what the influx of disruptive technologies will mean for security professionals.
- Aaron Hackworth, senior distinguished engineer and leader of the Counter Threat Unit Special Operations Team for Dell SecureWorks. Hackworth will discuss the current threat landscape based on Dell SecureWorks' global visibility and extensive threat research capability. He also will focus on the challenge presented by advanced or targeted threats, current trends, recent developments and what he expects to see in 2015. He will share specific incidents and examples of advanced threat actor methods and tradecraft.
Following an opening reception the evening of Sunday, Oct. 26, the two-day conference program will feature presentations by many Bit9 + Carbon Black customers, including CISOs, security architects and others who will discuss their specific areas of cyber security expertise and how they use Bit9 + Carbon Black to make their organizations more secure.
Among the Bit9 + Carbon Black speakers will be Chief Technology Officer Harry Sverdlove and Chief Strategy Officer Mike Viscuso who will jointly present "The Future of Enterprise Security – A Bit9 + Carbon Black Perspective."
Click here to view the full agenda.
About Bit9 + Carbon Black
Bit9 + Carbon Black offers the most complete solution against the advanced threats that target your organization's endpoints and servers. This makes it easier for you to see—and immediately stop—those threats.
Carbon Black's lightweight endpoint sensor, which can be rapidly deployed with no configuration to enable detection and response in seconds, combined with Bit9's industry-leading prevention technology, delivers four key benefits:
- Continuous, real-time visibility into what's happening on every computer
- Real-time threat detection, without relying on signatures
- Instant response by seeing the full "kill chain" of any attack
- Prevention that is proactive and customizable
Thousands of organizations worldwide—from 25 Fortune 100 companies to small businesses—use Bit9 + Carbon Black to increase security, reduce operational costs and improve compliance. Leading managed security service providers (MSSP) and incident response (IR) companies have made Bit9 + Carbon Black a core component of their detection and response services. With Bit9 + Carbon Black, you can arm your endpoints against advanced threats. For more information, visit www.bit9.com.
Bit9 is a registered trademark of Bit9, Inc. All other company or product names may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Kevin Flanagan Bit9 +1 617-393-7421 email@example.com