San Francisco, California, Oct. 21, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global automotive air filters market is expected to reach USD 6.10 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing demand from the automotive industry, particularly in BRIC nations, on account of increasing disposable income and growing industrialization rate is expected to remain a key driving factor for the market. Rising consumer awareness regarding health disorders caused due to contaminated air in the car cabin is also expected to have a positive influence on market growth. Environmental hazards related to combustion engine vehicles have led to the growth of electric vehicles, which contributes negligible emissions but also requires less maintenance of the engine. Growth of electric vehicle industry is expected to challenge automotive air filter demand over the forecast period.
Cabin filters dominated the global automotive air filters product segment and accounted for 51.3% of total market revenue in 2013. Cabin filters are also expected to be the fastest growing product segment, at an estimated CAGR of 8.5% from 2014 to 2020. Consumer shift towards reducing bad odor and minimizing health disorders caused due to air pollutants inside the vehicles is expected to fuel demand for cabin air filters over the forecast period.
Get More Details About Automotive Air Filters Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/automotive-air-filters-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Passenger cars were the largest application for automotive air filters market and accounted for 51.5% of total market revenue in 2013. Growth of passenger cars ownerships particularly in emerging markets of India, China and Brazil is expected to drive air filters demand in passenger cars. Automotive air filter demand in two wheelers is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 8.5% from 2014 to 2020.
- Aftermarket dominated automotive air filter demand, at over 70% of total market revenue in 2013. It is also expected to be the fastest growing end-use segment at an estimated CAGR of 8.2% from 2014 to 2020. Consumer shift towards replacing air filters in order to minimize maintenance cost is expected to drive the automotive air filters demand in aftermarket.
- Asia Pacific emerged as the leading regional market and accounted for 49.3% of total market revenue in 2013. Asia Pacific is also expected to be the fastest growing regional market for automotive air filters at an estimated CAGR of 8.5% from 2014 to 2020. Growth of automotive industry in emerging markets of China, India and Indonesia is expected to drive the regional market. North American market is expected to witness steady growth on account of recovery of automotive industry in the U.S. and favorable regulatory scenario in the region.
- Top market participants accounted for less than 50% of the total market revenue in 2013. The market has witnessed mergers and acquisitions over the last few years. This trend is expected to continue and the market is expected to move towards consolidation over the next several years. Some of the leading participants operating in the global market include Mann+Hummel, Affnia, Cummins and Mahle Industries.
For Further Inquiries / Free Sample of This Report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/automotive-air-filters-market/request
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the automotive air filters market on the basis of product, application, end-use and region:
Global Automotive Air Filters Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
Global Automotive Air Filters Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Passenger Cars
• Light & Heavy Commercial Vehicles
• Two Wheelers
Global Automotive Air Filters End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
Global Automotive Air Filters Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Browse Press Release of Automotive Air Filters Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-automotive-air-filters-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/
Related Reports by Grand View Research:
Smart Homes Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 - The global smart homes market is expected to reach USD 47.61 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Emphasis on reduced carbon emission and energy conservation are expected to be the key driving forces for the market over the forecast period.
Software Defined Networking (SDN) Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 - The global market for Software Defined Networking (SDN) is expected to reach USD 4,909.8 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand for mobility and proliferation of mobile devices is expected to fuel the market over the next six years.
Source:Grand View Research