San Francisco, California, Oct. 22, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global microcontroller market is expected to reach USD 26,984.8 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing demand from end-use industries such as automotive and consumer electronics is expected to drive the global market over the forecast period. The advent of the Internet of Things (IoT) coupled with declining microcontroller prices is also expected to drive the industry over the next six years.
Development of microcontrollers integrated with NFC (near-field communication), Bluetooth, and ZigBee among other wireless interfaces is expected to positively impact the global market. Favorable regulatory scenario for the installation of smart grid systems is expected to boost microcontrollers demand over the forecast period. This is also expected to be a key growth opportunity for major industry participants.
Get More Details About Microcontroller Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/microcontroller-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global microcontroller market was estimated at 17,393.6 million units in 2013, and is expected to reach 39,108.5 million units by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 12.3% from 2014 to 2020.
- 32-bit microcontrollers accounted for over 34% of the market in 2013; the segment is further expected to dominate global market revenue over the next six years. It is also expected to be the fastest growing product segment, at an estimated CAGR of 13.0% in terms of volume from 2014 to 2020.
- Automotive accounted for over 30% of the market in 2013, and is expected to remain the largest application area over the next six years. Consumer electronics occupied over 20% of the global market share in 2013. Increasing proliferation of these devices and technological advancement are expected to give impetus to the market over the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the largest and fastest growing regional market over the next six years. It accounted for over 35% of the market volume in 2013, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.8% in terms of revenue from 2014 to 2020.
- Key companies operating in the market include Renesas Electronics Corporation, Freescale Semiconductor, Microchip Technology, Inc., Atmel Corporation, Fujitsu Semiconductor, Infineon Technologies and STMicroelectronics among others.
For Further Inquiries / Free Sample of This Report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/microcontroller-market/request
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global microcontroller market on the basis of product, application and region:
Microcontroller Product Outlook (Volume, Million Units and Revenue, USD Million; 2012 - 2020)
• 4/8-bit microcontrollers
• 16-bit microcontrollers
• 32-bit microcontrollers
Microcontroller Application Outlook (Volume, Million Units and Revenue, USD Million; 2012 - 2020)
• Consumer Electronics
Microcontroller Regional Outlook (Volume, Million Units and Revenue, USD Million; 2012 - 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Latin America
Browse Press Release of Microcontroller Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-microcontroller-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/
Related Reports by Grand View Research:
Image Sensors Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 - The global market for image sensors is expected to reach USD 12,028.2 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Image sensors are primarily used in camera phones and tablets; therefore, growing demand for these devices is expected to be the key driving force for the market.
FPGA (Field-Programmable Gate Array) Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 - The global Field-Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) market is expected to reach USD 9,882.5 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand for consumer electronics such as smartphones is expected to be the key driving force for the market over the next six years.
Source:Grand View Research