10. Employee just put a casserole in the oven.
9. Employee's plastic surgery for enhancement purposes needed some "tweaking" to get it just right.
8. Employee was sitting in the bathroom and her feet and legs fell asleep. When she stood up, she fell and broke her ankle.
7. Employee had been at the casino all weekend and still had money left to play with on Monday morning.
More from 'Today Show':
Should married couples keep separate bank accounts?
'Price Is Right' contestant flips over $26,000 win
Why sharing your cake makes you feel better
6. Employee woke up in a good mood and didn't want to ruin it.
5. Employee had a "lucky night" and didn't know where he was.
4. Employee got stuck in the blood pressure machine at the grocery store and couldn't get out.
3. Employee had a gall stone they wanted to heal holistically.
2. Employee caught their uniform on fire by putting it in the microwave to dry.
1. Employee accidentally got on a plane.
Read More'Captain America' chopper sells for $1.35 million
While these could give you a stitch in your side from laughing, faking a sick day is no joke. One in four employers have caught an employee faking a sick day by checking his or her Twitter or other social media feeds. And one in five have fired a worker caught in a lie.