SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 30, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Leading payments consultancy FIME today announced SAVVI 2.0, an updated and streamlined version of its EMV® terminal testing and certification management tool. With SAVVI 2.0, FIME introduces a simplified user interface, online test card maintenance capabilities and programmable test cards to its trusted test platform. SAVVI 2.0 is available immediately for MasterCard terminal testing and certification with other major U.S. card brands to follow in the next few months.
FIME is providing a demonstration of the SAVVI Test Platform Version 2.0 at booths 3 C 047 and 3 C 053 next week at Cartes in Paris, Nov. 4-6.
FIME's SAVVI 2.0's simplified and more flexible user experience allows for accelerated testing and certification to get EMV terminals into the market more quickly. The platform can also be combined with consulting services for additional guidance and a more seamless process. Features of SAVVI 2.0 include:
- Streamlined user interface: Improved user interface allows for a more intuitive experience with step-by-step instructions through the testing process for both experienced testers and testers new to chip technology.
- Choice of test media: SAVVI 2.0 test cards provide flexibility for testers, allowing them to choose the test media that best fit their needs – physical test cards, a programmable test card or a combination of both. Programmable test cards are built on the same payment application as FIME's reliable physical test cards, adding a level of convenience desired by many terminal testers.
- Fast online test card maintenance: Test case updates are delivered electronically to SAVVI to ensure testers have fast access to the latest test cases. The test tool automatically compares the current version to the updates available on FIME's secure online library to ensure testers know when a new update is available. Keeping the certification test plan up-to-date is essential to ensure compliance with the latest testing requirements from the payment systems.
- Easy online ordering: SAVVI 2.0 is available on the FIME website at http://www.fime.com/savvi.html.
"Testing and certifying terminals for each of the payment brands can be a complex and time-consuming project. With SAVVI 2.0, we are removing complexities and improving testing times while ensuring the testing environment is always current with the latest requirements," said Xavier Giandominici, director of FIME America. "Use of SAVVI 2.0 will be particularly helpful for merchants and acquirers in the U.S., as it will help accelerate the migration to EMV by getting terminals into market much more quickly."
In the U.S., SAVVI 2.0 is part of FIME's comprehensive consulting offering for payments stakeholders undergoing EMV chip migration. The package can ensure successful, cost-effective and efficient migrations for organizations of any size and at any stage of implementation. FIME's EMV chip migration package options include:
- Customized training events and workshops to equip internal project teams with the expertise and tools for a successful migration and beyond
- Analysis of the impact of migration on current infrastructure, processes and organization
- Identification of all business and technical requirements to build a complete roadmap to EMV chip technology
- Definition of testing and certification requirements
- Delivery of tools for in-house testing or FIME-delivered testing and integration services
- On-call personal consultants for advice throughout the entire migration process
FIME has plans to release many new features in SAVVI in the coming months to further enhance the EMV terminal integration certification. For more information on FIME's EMV consulting offers, visit http://www.fime.com/emv-consulting.html.
FIME is a trusted provider of consulting services, certification and tools. It enables customers to bring seamless card and mobile transactions services to market effectively and confidently using secure chip or cloud-based solutions.
Working with the payment, telecom, transit and identity sectors, FIME is an implementation services partner for customers using contact and contactless EMV, near-field-communication (NFC), trusted service manager (TSM), trusted execution environment (TEE) and host card emulation (HCE) technologies. FIME supports customers from project initiation to completion by advising on technical requirements, consulting on industry regulations certification authority implementation and streamlining testing and certification activity.
With 12 offices around the world, serving more than 3,000 clients in 13 languages, FIME's customers benefit from a combination of global expertise and local knowledge through a single point of contact. FIME's dedicated team uses its expertise to create and actively contribute to the advancement and simplification of certification processes. Its service capacity also provides resource scalability to adapt to individual customer needs.
FIME currently has operations across America (Canada and the United States), Asia (Japan, South Korea and Taiwan), Europe (France), India and the Middle East (Dubai).
FIME partners with leading payment schemes and industry bodies to provide consultancy and certifications services for: American Express, Calypso Networks Association, China UnionPay, Discover, eftpos, EMVCo, EMV Migration Forum, First Data, Global Certification Forum (GCF), GlobalPlatform, GSMA, Interac, JCB, MasterCard, Network for Electronic Transfers (NETS), NFC Forum, National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), National Standard for Chip Card Specification (NSICC), OSCar Consortium, Softcard and Visa.
FIME America's offices are located in San Francisco and Montreal.
CONTACT: For further media information, please contact Megan Shamas at Montner & Associates Tech PR: firstname.lastname@example.org or on 203-226-9290
Source: FIME America