SANTA MONICA, Calif., Oct. 30, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Wilshire Consulting, the institutional investment advisory and outsourced-CIO business unit of Wilshire Associates Incorporated (Wilshire®), a diversified global financial services firm, today announced the launch of Wilshire Mobile, a new suite of mobile applications ("Apps") for use by clients on their smart phones, tablets or computers.
"Wilshire Mobile is a report delivery tool and search engine that will ensure clients have access to important fund data and manager news at their fingertips," noted Julia Bonafede, president, Wilshire Consulting. "We are always looking for ways to further enhance the value of our service to our clients and determined it was important to develop proprietary Apps that would provide them with continuous access to valuable information from any location with an internet connection."
According to Bonafede, Wilshire Mobile has four main features:
- Asset / Liability Monitor: Clients who sponsor corporate defined-benefit plans will be able to monitor the funded-status of their plans on a daily, monthly or quarterly basis as applicable. This App provides asset, liability and funded ratio information over specified time periods and frequencies, including charting capabilities that conveniently show the movement in these statistics as well as interest rate fluctuations through time.
- Investment Research: Clients may access Wilshire's investment white papers and monthly and quarterly capital market perspectives. A history of these reports and papers also will be available for download or viewing.
- Manager News Alerts: Weekly Wilshire Manager News Alerts, historically sent via email and which contain valuable and timely updates on investment managers, now also will be available through this App. Wilshire Consulting also has included a search engine so that clients can key in the name of a firm or manager to quickly produce a responsive list of all the relevant News Alerts that have been issued historically.
- Performance and Risk Reports: Quarterly Performance Books and Executive Summaries along with Monthly Flash Reports can be conveniently accessed through this App. Clients also will be able to access a brief history of these reports should they want to look at a previous quarter's data. Additionally, Wilshire Risk Consulting clients will be able to access monthly and quarterly risk reports through this section of the App.
"Wilshire Consulting clients may start accessing Wilshire Mobile immediately," Bonafede said. "Based on beta testing with several clients, we expect quick adoption of its use."
About Wilshire Associates
Wilshire Associates, a leading global, independent investment consulting and services firm, provides consulting services, analytics solutions and customized investment products to plan sponsors, investment managers and financial intermediaries. Its business units include, Wilshire Analytics, Wilshire Consulting, Wilshire Funds Management and Wilshire Private Markets.
The firm was founded in 1972, providing pioneering technology and acting as an early innovator in the application of investment analytics and research to investment managers in the institutional marketplace. Wilshire also is credited with helping to develop the field of quantitative investment analysis that uses mathematical tools to analyze market risks. All other business units evolved from Wilshire's strong analytics foundation. Wilshire developed the Wilshire 5000 Total Market IndexSM and became a primary developer in creating integrated asset/liability analysis/simulation models as well as practical models in risk budgeting through beta and active risk analysis. Wilshire has grown to a firm of more than 300 employees serving the investment needs of institutional clients around the world.
Based in Santa Monica, California, Wilshire provides services to clients in more than 20 countries representing more than 500 organizations with assets totaling approximately
US $7 trillion.* With ten offices on four continents, Wilshire Associates and its affiliates are dedicated to providing clients with the highest quality counsel, products and services. Wilshire® and Trust Universe Comparison Service®, TUCS® are registered service marks of Wilshire Associates Incorporated. Wilshire 5000 Total Market IndexSM and Wilshire 4500 Completion IndexSM are service marks of Wilshire Associates Incorporated. Please visit http://www.wilshire.com/.
* Assets are as represented by Pensions and Investments (detailed in "P&I's Top 1,000 Largest Retirement Plans" and "P&I's Largest Money Managers Directory 2013" as of 9/30/12 and 12/31/12, and published 2/4/13 and 5/27/13, respectively).
CONTACT: Kim Shepherd 312-623-5123 email@example.comSource:Wilshire Associates Incorporated