REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Nov. 4, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Relypsa, Inc. (Nasdaq:RLYP), a biopharmaceutical company, today announced that data from clinical trials of the company's lead product candidate, Patiromer for Oral Suspension (Patiromer FOS), as well as data on the relationship of high potassium levels and mortality, will be presented at the American Society of Nephrology (ASN) Annual Meeting to be held in Philadelphia during November 11-16, 2014. Patiromer FOS data to be highlighted at the meeting include long-term chronic treatment results as well as data on the early onset of action of the drug. Last month, the company announced that it had submitted the New Drug Application to the U.S. FDA for Patiromer FOS for the treatment of hyperkalemia, a serious condition defined as abnormally elevated levels of potassium in the blood.
Details of the ASN presentations are as follows:
Late-breaker Poster Presentation
Saturday, November 15: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Effect of Patiromer on Hyperkalemia in Patients with Diabetic Nephropathy: Results of a 1-Year Randomized Trial
- Thursday, November 13: 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Potassium Levels and Mortality in Patients with CKD (Collins et al; Poster #705)
- Friday, November 14: 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Patiromer Lowers Serum K+ and Prevents Recurrent Hyperkalemia in Patients with Diabetes and CKD on RAAS Inhibitors: Subgroup Results of a Phase 3 Trial (Weir et al; Poster #792)
- Patiromer Reduced RAASi Dose Discontinuations in CKD Patients with Moderate-to-Severe Hyperkalemia (Weir et al; Poster #810)
- Saturday, November 15: 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Patiromer Induced a Rapid Onset of Action and Sustained K+ Lowering Throughout the Dosing Period in CKD Patients with Hyperkalemia (Bushinsky et al; Poster #153)
Patiromer for Oral Suspension is a high capacity, oral potassium binder being developed for the treatment of hyperkalemia. The compound has been evaluated in CKD patients with hyperkalemia, including a two part Phase 3 program, a 12-month Phase 2 trial and a 48-hour Phase 1 onset-of-action trial. The pivotal clinical trial for Patiromer FOS was conducted under a Special Protocol Assessment with the FDA.
About Relypsa, Inc.
Relypsa, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of non-absorbed polymeric drugs to treat disorders in the areas of renal, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. The company has submitted a New Drug Application (NDA) to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration seeking approval to market Patiromer for Oral Suspension for the treatment of hyperkalemia, a serious condition defined as abnormally elevated levels of potassium in the blood. Relypsa has global royalty-free commercialization rights to Patiromer for Oral Suspension, which has intellectual property protection in the U.S. until at least 2030. More information is available at www.relypsa.com.
CONTACT: Sylvia Wheeler VP, Investor Relations & Corporate Affairs 650-421-9504 IR@relypsa.com