San Francisco, California, Nov. 5, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- According to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc., global mobile robotics market growth can be attributed to increased adoption in military & defense applications. Commercialization of automated cars due to technological advancement in mobile robotics is expected to drive the market over the next six years. Favorable regulatory scenario, including funds and grants for promoting the robotics industry is also expected to positively impact the global market.
Availability of open source platforms coupled with reduction in sensor and camera prices is expected to propel demand for domestic mobile robots such as vacuum cleaners and lawn mowers. Scarcity of experts equipped with the skill sets required for R&D may pose a challenge to mobile robotics market growth. Relatively low market penetration coupled with growing demand from end-use industries is expected to be a growth opportunity for key industry participants.
Get More Details About Mobile Robotics Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/mobile-robotics-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGVs) are expected to be the most dominant segment over the next six years due to a plethora of mobile robotics opportunities in military and defense. UAVs have considerable growth potential owing to their capability to cater to diverse applications such as surveying, wildlife research, mapping, security, and defense.
- The mobile robotics market for service applications is expected to witness high growth over the forecast period. Professional robots dominated the overall service robotics market, with a large number of applications in defense and agricultural applications. Increasing use in personal assistance and for medical purposes, such as in drug delivery, is expected to be favorable for the personal robotics market. In the industrial segment, warehousing & distribution is expected to remain the key market; other applications mainly include painting, coating, and inspection.
- Asia Pacific was the dominant regional market in 2013; it is further expected to continue being the market leader over the next six years. Increased adoption of mobile robots in industrial, agricultural, and medical applications has driven regional mobile robotics market growth. Growing domestic robots demand is expected to be the key driving force for the North America market.
- Leading mobile robotics market players have strived to develop robots capable of delivering and sustaining in challenging environments. There has been an increased emphasis on developing mobile-based applications to control unmanned vehicles. The industry is characterized by notable mergers and acquisitions; for instance, Adept Technology's acquisition of MobileRobotics Inc.
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global mobile robotics market on the basis of product, application and region:
Mobile Robotics Product Outlook (Revenue, 2012 - 2020)
• Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGVs)
• Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs)
• Unmanned Surface Vehicles (USVs)
• Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs)
Mobile Robotics Application Outlook (Revenue, 2012 - 2020)
Mobile Robotics Regional Outlook (Revenue, 2012 - 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/
CONTACT: Sherry James Corporate Sales Specialist, USA Grand View Research, Inc Phone: 1-415-349-0058 Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Source:Grand View Research