IRVING, Texas, Nov. 6, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Michaels (Nasdaq:MIK), North America's leading arts and crafts specialty retailer, gives the gift of creativity this holiday season with great products that offer hours of hands-on fun and artistic expression.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=28871
"Too often, parents feel a tradeoff between the hottest new toy and the desire to engage their children's imagination and creativity," said Michaels Executive Vice President – Merchandising Philo Pappas. "With our holiday must-haves, parents can feel good about giving a creative gift that provides kids with endless entertainment and creative development."
Here are the top must-have new products for inspiring creativity:
- Colored Kinetic Sand™: Pack it, pull it, shape it and love it. Kinetic Sand flows like a slow-moving liquid, yet is completely dry, only sticks to itself and can be sculpted into any shape. Available in six colors, Kinetic sand offers nonstop fun for ages 3 and up.
- Loopdedoo™ Friendship Bracelet Making Kit: The possibilities are endless for making bracelets, necklaces, anklets, belts and more with this fun fashion spinning loom. Each piece created is one of a kind, perfect for wearing and sharing. Ages 8 and up.
- Loopdeloom™ Weaving Loom Kit: Weaving scarves, rugs, purses and more is fast and fun with this ingenious spinning peg loom. Anyone age 8 and up can begin weaving within minutes to make unique knit creations.
- FujiFilm™ Instax Mini 8 Instant Camera: This compact instant camera, available in five colors, captures life as it happens, producing high-quality, credit card-sized photos in 90 seconds – perfect for capturing memories. Ages 13 and up.
- Crayola® Virtual Design Pro Fashion Collection and Pro Car Collection: Kids can share their fashion designs on a virtual runway or display custom car designs on a virtual stunt course using high-quality, hands-on design tools and specialty software. Ages 6 and up.
For more information on these and other fun holiday gift ideas, go to www.Michaels.com.
About The Michaels Companies, Inc.
The Michaels Companies, Inc. is North America's largest specialty retailer of arts and crafts. As of Aug. 2, 2014, the company owns and operates 1,147 Michaels stores in 49 U.S. states and Canada and 117 Aaron Brothers stores, and produces 11 exclusive private brands including Recollections®, Studio Decor®, Bead Landing®, Creatology®, Ashland®, Celebrate It®, ArtMinds®, Artist's Loft®, Craft Smart®, Loops & Threads® and Imagin8®. Visit www.Michaels.com for additional information.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Megan Duran or Loren Rutledge 817-329-3257 Michaels@spmcommunications.comSource:Michaels Stores