Biel, Switzerland, Nov. 10, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hamilton watches, known for their pioneering role in the worlds of aviation and cinema as well as their innovative timekeeping technology, and Los Angeles Confidential magazine, the premiere luxury, lifestyle publication in Los Angeles, hosted the 8th annual Hamilton Behind the Camera Awards on November 9, 2014 at The Ebell of Los Angeles. The awards ceremony paid tribute to the brilliant behind-the-scenes talents whose individual work contributes to the quality of a motion picture and to the lasting impression that it has on movie audiences.
See images from the event here: http://inr.synapticdigital.com/hamilton/behindthecamera2014/
Hamilton celebrates watch appearances in more than 400 films, most recently Interstellar. This year's honorees and presenters have received over 86 Oscars, Golden Globe, Emmy, BAFTA and SAG Awards and nominations. Sylvain Dolla, CEO of Hamilton watches remarked, "Watchmaking and filmmaking are similar in that we both share a passion for creating something uniquely beautiful that inspires and touches our audience."
The funny guys Channing Tatum and Steve Carell were joking while presenting an award to the Foxcatcher director Bennett Miller: "Bennet Miller is scary!" Tatum added, "Steve's character in Foxcatcher is basically an impression of Bennett Miller. "
Golden Globe and Emmy nominated actor Matthew Morrison emceed this year's awards ceremony and was joined by an elite assembly of A-list actors, actresses and award-winning filmmakers to present these most illustrious awards.
The honorees were selected from movies released during the year and/or qualified and presented at the most recent prestigious movie festivals of Cannes, Toronto and Venice as well as at the Festival of the American Film Institute.
The list of honorees for the Hamilton Behind the Camera 2014 Awards included:
- Director: Bennett Miller, "Foxcatcher" Presented by Golden Globe Winning Actor, Steve Carell and Award Winning Actor Channing Tatum
- Film Editor: Sandra Adair, "Boyhood" Presented by Emmy Award Winning and Golden Globe Nominated Actress, Patricia Arquette
- Breakthrough Producers: Nora Grossman, Ido Ostrowsky and Teddy Schwarzman, "The Imitation Game" Presented by Award Winning Actor, Allen Leech
- Visual Effects: Dan Lemmon, "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes". Presented by Award Winning Andy Serkis
- Production Designer: Donald Graham Burt, "Gone Girl". Presented by Award-Nominated Actress, Michelle Monaghan
- Screenwriter: J.C. Chandor, "A Most Violent Year", Presented by Emmi Nominated, Will Arnett
- Cinematographer: Robert Yeoman, "The Grand Budapest Hotel", Presented by Tony Revolori
- Property Master: Ellen Freund, "Mad Men", Presented by Award-Nominated Actress, Keirnan Shipka
- Lifetime Achievement Award for Outstanding Film Music: Alexandre Desplat, "The Imitation Game", "The Grand Budapest Hotel", "Unbroken", "Godzilla", "The Monuments Men"; Presented by Award-Nominated Actor Matthew Goode
Hamilton:Hamilton was founded in 1892 in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA and today its watches combine the American spirit with the unrivalled precision of the latest Swiss movements and technologies. Since 1951 the brand's distinctive watches have caught the attention of the world's leading screen stylists. Their eye-catching shapes, modern materials and unique designs have earned them appearances in more than 400 films. Throughout the years, Hamilton has created a tradition of integrating its signature styles with epic storylines - from Stanley Kubrick's futuristic 2001: A Space Odyssey to sci-fi stand-outs I Am Legend and the fan-favorite Men in Black trilogy. In 2014 the brand reclaims its role in Interstellar, when the Khaki Pilot Day Date appears on the wrist of Cooper (played by Matthew McConaughey). www.hamiltonwatch.com
Los Angeles Confidential:Los Angeles Confidential magazine is the premiere glossy publication in Los Angeles, celebrating the finest in fashion, art, beauty, culture, dining, entertainment, interior design, nightlife and travel. Los Angeles Confidential covers the hottest trends and most influential players and tastemakers from an insider's point of view. Los Angeles Confidential is published by Niche Media Holdings, LLC, publisher of city-specific publications including: Aspen Peak, Austin Way, Boston Common, Capitol File, Gotham, Hamptons, Los Angeles Confidential, Michigan Avenue, Ocean Drive, Philadelphia Style and Vegas magazines. Its custom publishing titles include Art Basel, Wynn, Maison & Objet Miami Beach and The Mall at Short Hills. Through its strategic distribution model and significant investment in verified data from Nielsen Claritas, Niche Media is the only regional, lifestyle publishing company that is guaranteed to reach the sophisticated and affluent audience in each of our cities. Niche Media titles exceed 14,000 pages with a combined annual distribution of 4.6 million copies nationally.
CONTACT: Samira Kaelin Hamilton International - press office firstname.lastname@example.org +41 32 343 38 63 Alysa McKenna PR Manager - Hamilton and Rado brands email@example.com +1 201-271-4767 Source:Hamilton Watch Company