LEHI, Utah, Nov. 12, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nature's Sunshine Products, Inc. (Nasdaq:NATR), a leading natural health and wellness company, today announced that it will be holding a special meeting of shareholders on Wednesday, January 14, 2015, at the Company's principal executive offices located at 2500 West Executive Parkway, Suite 100, Lehi, Utah 84043. Shareholders of record as of the close of business on Monday, December 8, 2014, will be entitled to vote at the meeting. The exact time and other details of the meeting will be announced in the definitive proxy statement, which will be sent to shareholders prior to the special shareholders meeting.
The Company further announced that the deadline for the receipt of shareholder proposals for inclusion in the Company's proxy statement for the Special Meeting is November 21, 2014. In order to be brought before the Special Meeting, any such proposals must be received by the Corporate Secretary at the Company's principal executive offices no later than that date. Such proposals must comply in all respects with the requirements contained in the Company's bylaws and in Rule 14a-8 under the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, to be considered a proper proposal.
About Nature's Sunshine Products
Nature's Sunshine Products (Nasdaq:NATR), a leading natural health and wellness company, markets and distributes nutritional and personal care products through a global direct sales force of over 680,000 independent Managers, Distributors and customers in more than 40 countries. Nature's Sunshine manufactures most of its products through its own state-of-the-art facilities to ensure its products continue to set the standard for the highest quality, safety and efficacy on the market today. The Company has three reportable business segments that are divided based on the characteristics of their Distributor base, similarities in compensation plans, as well as the internal organization of NSP's officers and their responsibilities (NSP Americas, Asia Pacific and Europe; NSP Russia, Central and Eastern Europe; and Synergy WorldWide). The Company also supports health and wellness for children around the world through its partnership with the Sunshine Heroes Foundation. Additional information about the Company can be obtained at its website, www.naturessunshine.com.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Certain information included or incorporated herein by reference in this release may be deemed to be "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements may include, but are not limited to, statements relating to Nature's Sunshine Products' objectives, plans and strategies. All statements (other than statements of historical fact) that address activities, events or developments that the Company intends, expects, projects, believes or anticipates will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. These statements are often characterized by terminology such as "believe," "hope," "may," "anticipate," "should," "intend," "plan," "will," "expect," "estimate," "project," "positioned," "strategy" and similar expressions, and are based on assumptions and assessments made by management in light of their experience and their perception of historical trends, current conditions, expected future developments and other factors they believe to be appropriate. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to risks and uncertainties. Important factors that could cause actual results, developments and business decisions to differ materially from forward-looking statements are more fully described in this release, but include the following:
- any negative consequences resulting from the economy, including the availability of liquidity to Nature's Sunshine Products, its customers and its suppliers or the willingness of its customers to purchase products;
- the Company's relationship with, and its ability to influence the actions of, its Distributors, and other third parties with whom Nature's Sunshine does business;
- improper action by Nature's Sunshine Products' employees or Distributors;
- negative publicity related to its products or direct selling organization;
- changing consumer preferences and demands;
- the Company's reliance upon, or the loss or departure of any member of, its senior management team, which could negatively impact its Distributor relations and operating results;
- the competitive nature of Nature's Sunshine Products' business;
- regulatory matters governing the Company's products, its direct selling program, or the direct selling market in which it operates;
- legal challenges to the Company's direct selling program;
- risks associated with operating internationally and the effect of economic factors, including foreign exchange, inflation, disruptions or conflicts with its third party importers, governmental sanctions, Ukraine and Russia political conflict, pricing and currency devaluation risks, especially in countries such as Venezuela, Ukraine, Russia and Belarus;
- uncertainties relating to the application of transfer pricing, duties, value-added taxes, and other tax regulations, and changes thereto;
- the Company's dependence on increased penetration of existing markets;
- the Company's reliance on its information technology infrastructure;
- the sufficiency of trademarks and other intellectual property rights;
- changes in tax laws, treaties or regulations, or their interpretation;
- taxation relating to its Distributors;
- product liability claims;
- share price volatility related to, among other things, speculative trading; and
- the full implementation of our joint venture for operations in China with Fosun Industrial Co. Ltd., as well as the legal complexities and challenges of doing business in China generally.
All forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this release and are expressly qualified in their entirety by the cautionary statements included in this release. Except as is required by law, Nature's Sunshine Products expressly disclaims any obligation to publicly release any revisions to forward-looking statements to reflect events after the date of this release.
CONTACT: Steve Bunker Chief Financial Officer Nature's Sunshine Products, Inc. 2500 West Executive Parkway, Suite 100 Lehi, Utah 84043 (801) 341-7303
Source:Nature's Sunshine Products, Inc.