BROOKINGS, S.D., Nov. 12, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SLS Las Vegas debuted this past summer as the first major casino resort opening in Vegas in several years. A $415 million renovation of the historic Sahara hotel located along the North Vegas strip, the vast SLS Las Vegas has three towers with more than 1,600 rooms, nine restaurants, three clubs, a spa with a salon, a 10,000-square-foot Fred Segal store and 12 Daktronics Inc. (Nasdaq:DAKT) manufactured LED video displays located throughout the property.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=28981
Daktronics was selected by sbe, in partnership with KT Corporation, to provide dynamic indoor and outdoor LED video experiences to the new SLS Las Vegas. The company designed, manufactured and delivered 12 LED video displays totaling more than 23 million LEDs currently in operation within the SLS Las Vegas property. Watch SLS Las Vegas' LED video displays in action.
- LED Video Marquee: A four-sided, 15 millimeter LED video marquee is positioned near the corner of Las Vegas Blvd. & SLS Way and is the largest display at SLS Las Vegas. The display measures 88 feet high by 47 feet wide and acts as a beacon for the resort, welcoming guests with spectacular marketing and artistic content.
- Center Bar: Hanging directly above the iconic "Center Bar" inside SLS Las Vegas, the 2nd largest display is a stunning welcome when arriving at the main entrance of the resort and features more than 2.1 million LED pixels at 10 mm line spacing.
- Las Vegas Blvd. Starck Frame: Located on the corner of Las Vegas Blvd. and Sahara Ave., the 10 mm Las Vegas Boulevard Starck Frame showcases both marketing and artistic content.
- Paradise Starck Frame: Installed near the Paradise entrance of SLS Las Vegas, the second 10 mm Starck Frame entertains guests and the public with dazzling artistic content.
- LiFE DJ Booth: The 6 mm center LED video display covering the DJ booth inside LiFE takes live performances to the next level.
- LiFE Walls: Positioned on both sides of the DJ Booth, the six, 10 mm LED video LiFE walls are an integral part of enhancing the audience experience.
- Foxtail Display: Foxtail Nightclub's 10 mm LED video display is installed directly above t he dance floor, increasing the dynamic atmosphere of the club.
For more information on the Daktronics LED video technology in operation at the SLS Las Vegas, download the free Guide to the LED Displays of SLS Las Vegas infographic.
The acclaimed French designer Philippe Starck oversaw the redesign of the property and helped reconfigured the location to give SLS a 56,000-square-foot gaming space with nearly 800 slot machines, 74 table games and a high-limit gaming area. A sports book will be operated by William Hill and nine restaurants and three nightlife venues feature many of sbe's well-known brands, including Umami Burger, the Mediterranean-themed Cleo, Japanese-themed Katsuya, 800 Degrees pizza and The Sayers Club entertainment lounge. In addition, the popular Los Angeles retailer Fred Segal has seven locations inside the property.
Daktronics partnered with Vision Sign, one of Nevada's largest and most experience electric sign companies, to manage the installation of the SLS Las Vegas' outdoor video display.
Built for high performance in outdoor and indoor environments, Daktronics LED video technology offers a long lifetime with minimal maintenance, low power consumption, and will provide SLS Las Vegas great marketing value and entertainment for years to come.
Daktronics video technology helps enhance gaming facilities themes and provides incredible ambiance that keeps guests returning. Discover more information about Daktronics video solutions for hotel and gaming facilities at: www.daktronics.com/gaming.
Daktronics helps its customers impact audiences throughout the world with large-format LED video displays, message displays, scoreboards, digital billboards and control systems in sport, business and transportation applications. Founded in 1968 as a USA-based manufacturing company, Daktronics has grown into the world leader in audio-visual systems and implementation with offices around the globe. Discover more at www.daktronics.com.
ABOUT SLS HOTELS
SLS Las Vegas is an all-encompassing resort and casino with more than 1,600 guest rooms and suites in three distinctive towers, 80,000 square feet of flexible meeting space and a collection of sbe's acclaimed restaurant and nightlife brands. SLS Las Vegas provides an approachable experience featuring multiple unparalleled nightlife offerings including Hollywood favorite, The Sayers Club, the edgy and sophisticated nightclub, Foxtail and mega-club, LiFE. Additionally, SLS Las Vegas offers an impressive selection of dining concepts including Bazaar Meat by José Andrés; Katsuya by Starck; Cleo; Umami Burger, Beer Garden & Sports Book; Ku Noodle; 800 Degrees Neapolitan Pizzeria; The Griddle Cafe; The SLS Buffet and The Perq. The property also hosts a 10,000-square-foot Fred Segal retail experience, the intimate and luxurious Ciel Spa and a sports book operated by global gaming leader, William Hill. For more information about SLS Las Vegas, please visit www.slsvegas.com and stay connected on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
CONTACT: MEDIA RELATIONS Tyler Campbell Daktronics Spectaculars Marketing Tel 605-270-1640 Email email@example.com