NEW YORK, Nov. 19, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- (ISC East, Booth# 350) -- Telguard, a leader in wireless alarm communications, interactive and home automation services, today introduced its entire line of CDMA cellular alarm communicators for the Verizon Wireless network. On the heels of a successful launch of its flagship product, the TG-1 Express for the Verizon Wireless network, Telguard completes the highly anticipated CDMA product line with the addition of the TG-4 and TG-7 series of communicators.
Along with Telguard's line of cellular communicators for 3G/4G networks, the CDMA products offer another cost-effective alternative for 2G (GSM) replacements in preparation for the 2G Sunset. Additionally, the Telguard CDMA line is ideal for mountainous and rural areas where cellular coverage may be challenging. Based on the same proven, flexible features and functionality of their 3G/4G counterparts, the Telguard CDMA products support virtually all alarm formats using dial capture for universal panel compatibility, are UL Listed, easy to install, and economical.
"As the first company to officially communicate information about the 2G (GSM) Sunset, we have an obligation to provide our dealers with solutions to meet that challenge," said Shawn Welsh, VP of Marketing and Business Development, Telular. "Our first step in helping dealers address the inevitable Sunset was to introduce the industry's first line of cellular communicators for 3G/4G networks. Now we are excited to deliver the CDMA equivalent. With an entire CDMA line for residential, commercial and business, Telguard is now truly a one-stop-shop for all of our dealer's security communications needs."
The Telguard CDMA product line includes the following cellular alarm communicators:
- The TG-4 CDMA (model TG4V) - for residential, light commercial and business systems.The TG-4 supports the RMR-boosting Telguard Interactive remote control app, based on Telguard's patented key switch technology. Telguard Interactive allows users to remotely arm and disarm their system, receive notifications of any alarm status change, view arming and alerting history, and securely share access to their system.
- The TG-7 CDMA (model TG7V) - for retail, commercial and financial systems providing backup and primary cellular communication. The TG-7 ensures that alarm signals are transmitted over the CDMA network when the telephone line or data network has been disrupted or compromised. Additionally, the entire TG-7 series is UL Listed for standard line security.
- The TG-7A CDMA (model TG7VA) – UL banks, safe and vault listings.The TG-7A features an armored enclosure with anti-tamper switch.
- The TG-7FS CDMA (model TG7VFS) - sole path communicator for commercial fire. Compliant with the 2013 Edition of NFPA 72, and earlier, the TG-7FS can serve as the sole communications path for the fire alarm system. It replaces all of the landlines currently dedicated to the master control unit.
- The TG-KIT CDMA (model TGKITV) – CDMA upgrade kit. The TG-KIT allows for the quick and easy upgrade of existing Telguard 2G (GSM) commercial intrusion and fire communicators. With the TG-KIT dealers can simply replace the 2G circuit board with a CDMA TG-KIT without disturbing the site's UL certifications.
Like all Telguard cellular alarm communicators, the TG-4 CDMA and TG-7 CDMA series are eligible for Telguard's Upgrade Incentive Program. Every time a GSM unit is upgraded with a Telguard CDMA unit, a dealer can receive up to $25. In addition, Telguard CDMA activations will apply to the volume price discounts offered to Telguard Advantage Program (TAP) dealers.
The new Telguard TG-4 CDMA and TG-7 CDMA series of products are available today through security distributors. Telguard's entire line of CDMA products will be on display at ISC East 2014, November 19-20 at the Javits Center, New York in Telguard's booth #350.
Telguard, a division of Telular Corporation, combines devices, communications, video, interactive services, and alarm processing into turnkey systems for monitoring intrusion and fire systems without a traditional landline. These field-proven solutions deliver 24 hour wireless protection by transmitting data from virtually all security, fire and PERS systems to central stations using today's cellular networks. Telguard's simple installation, reliable operation, and over 25 years of wireless experience have helped it grow to be one of the largest security communications solutions. For more information, please visit www.Telguard.com. In Canada, all Telguard products and services are offered and sold under the Telular brand.
CONTACT: Pamela Benke Director of Marketing Telular Phone: 678-909-4616Source:Telular Corporation