SAN FRANCISCO, CA, CALIF., Dec. 3, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Houlihan Lokey's Technology Group continued to demonstrate its excellence and leadership in M &A advisory services and late-stage capital financing for software technology and technology related companies. The Group's momentum represents a continuation of the pace that it maintained last year, when it closed twelve transactions as ArchPoint Partners.
The Technology Group's founding team has combined experience of more than 400 completed transactions totaling $200 billion and is considered a leader in SaaS business advisory work, having completed more than 60 transactions for SaaS companies.
"We didn't miss a step following Houlihan Lokey's acquisition of ArchPoint, maintaining our advisory momentum, strong deal pipeline, and team integrity," said Rob Louv, Co-Head of the Technology Group. "Our successes over the past few months reflect our dominant expertise in the sector as well as the speed and success of APP's integration into Houlihan Lokey," he added.
A summary of recent transactions on which the Technology Group has had an exclusive advisory role follows:
• Exclusive financial advisor to MarketMetrix on its sale to Clarabridge. MarketMetrix is the market-leading customer experience management (CEM) SaaS-based feedback platform providing actionable intelligence, analytics, and benchmarking to the global hospitality industry.
• Exclusive financial advisor to NETtime Solutions on its sale to Paychex (NasdaqGS: PAYX). NETtime Solutions is the leading cloud-based provider for employee time and attendance solutions. The company's solutions include NETtime, a SaaS time and attendance solution; NETOne, a cloud-based technology for real-time employee time and attendance; and Telephony, a solution that enables mobile employees to punch from landlines and mobile phones.
• Exclusive financial advisor to Social Solutions on its sale to Vista Equity Partners. Social Solutions is the leading provider of cloud-based software used by both the public and private sectors to more effectively deliver social and human services programs. The company's Efforts to Outcomes SaaS platform is transforming the way social service providers track and measure the effectiveness of their programs.
• Exclusive financial advisor to Ifbyphone on its $30 million growth equity financing. Ifbyphone is the leading voice-based marketing automation SaaS platform. Ifbyphone's suite of SaaS applications enables companies of all sizes to optimize market spend across all channels, generate and convert more high-quality leads, and acquire business over the phone. The proceeds from the transaction are being used to acquire Mongoose Metrics, a leader in call tracking technology, as well as to fund growth initiatives.
• Exclusive financial advisor to Jobvite on its $25 million capital raise. Jobvite develops and provides Internet-based software solutions for the recruitment industry. The company is the only standalone recruiting platform that offers the necessary tools to engage and hire candidates by taking advantage of social, mobile, video, and data analytics.
• Exclusive financial advisor to RightSignature on its acquisition by Citrix. RightSignature is a leading SaaS cloud-based electronic signature company that provides a simple way to have documents signed electronically, helping customers to digitize documents, automate processes, and go paperless.
• Exclusive financial advisor to Infotrieve, a leader in enterprise SaaS software and business services for scientific, technical, and medical content, on its acquisition by Copyright Clearance Center. Infotrieve's award-winning Mobile Library platform maximizes access to databases, research literature, corporate repositories, and personal files while reducing the costs of managing and hosting these information resources.
"We made the right decision to hire Houlihan Lokey as our financial advisor for this transaction," said Social Solutions CEO Scott Johnson. "Their team was deeply involved in every step of the process, in particular the critical steps very late in the process that resulted in getting the right transaction done in a timely manner. Their guidance and insight was invaluable to us," he added.
"We started our work with ArchPoint Partners and finished with the same banker and team at Houlihan Lokey after the firms combined. Our experience in working with the HL team was great, and they both knew and understood our business as well as the buyer/market opportunity," said NETtime Solutions founder and CEO Bahan Sadegh. "Their contacts and connections around the industry were invaluable in developing serious conversations, and their experience in negotiating the best outcome resulted in something everyone was excited about."
"These transactions highlight the Technology Group's continuing leadership in advising growth software and SaaS companies as well as our technology vertical industry expertise," said John Cooper, Co-Head of the Technology Group. "Our solid industry relationships, combined with the superior client focus that we are able to deliver as part of Houlihan Lokey's platform of products and services, continue to result in unmatched transaction execution outcomes for our clients," he continued.
Houlihan Lokey's Technology Group provides M &A, private capital raising, restructuring services, financial opinions, valuations, debt and equity financing, and distressed services for companies ranging from early-stage businesses to midsize and large publicly traded corporations. We serve clients in a broad range of technology sectors, including the following:
• Software as a Service
• Healthcare Technology
• New Media & Internet
• Human Capital Management
• Financial Technology
• Mobile Solutions
• Infrastructure Software
• Cloud Computing & Virtualization
Houlihan Lokey is an international investment bank with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial restructuring, and valuation. The firm serves corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide with offices in the United States, Europe, and Asia. Independent advice and intellectual rigor are hallmarks of our commitment to client success across our advisory services. Houlihan Lokey is ranked as the No. 1 M &A advisor for U.S. transactions under $3 billion, the No. 1 global restructuring advisor, and the No. 1 M &A fairness opinion advisor for U.S. transactions over the past 10 years, according to Thomson Reuters. For more information, please visit www.HL.com.
For press inquiries, contact John Gallagher at 212.497.4220.
CONTACT: John Gallagher 212.497.4220Source:Houlihan Lokey Howard& Zukin