SAN DIEGO, Dec. 3, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Medical Marijuana, Inc. (OTC Pink:MJNA), a leading cannabis and industrial hemp industry innovator, is proud to announce that its joint venture company, CanChew Biotechnologies, LLC (CanChew®), was honored by HealthyLivinG Foundation with its Triple Leaf Award. CanChew®, a hemp cannabidiol (CBD) oil-infused chewing gum, is also featured in Healthy Living Magazine's December issue reaching its more than 835,000 readers and social media followers.
Photos accompanying this release are available at
"The acceptance of CanChew®, a hemp CBD-infused chewing gum, by the prestigious consumer safety organization HealthyLivinG Foundation is a major step forward for the industrial hemp industry," states Michelle Sides, Chief Operating Officer of Medical Marijuana, Inc. "We are extremely proud that CanChew® gum received HealthyLivinG Foundation's Triple Leaf Award. Our Company invests in bringing to market innovative industrial hemp-based products. The Triple Leaf Award is validation of why MJNA chose to form a joint venture CanChew® as a portfolio company."
Andrew Hard, Spokesperson for Medical Marijuana, Inc. states, "Consumer safety is a top priority for MJNA. The Triple Leaf Award for CanChew® emphasizes this core belief and we are very proud to share the news of this prestigious industry award. What an unexpected holiday surprise, and what a prestigious award for CanChew®. Fans of CanChew® this is just the beginning. Stay tuned closely in 2015 as we have a lot more news on the way."
HealthyLivinG Foundation's website classifies its Triple Leaf Award as follows:
- Personal Safety Criteria
- Green: absence of chemicals likely to cause acute or chronic toxicity
- Yellow: presence of chemicals likely to cause acute toxicity (allergies, irritation, sensitization)
- Red: presence of chemicals likely to cause acute (allergies, irritation, sensitization) and chronic (cancer, birth defects, reproductive, genetic, neurological) toxic effects
- Environmental Criteria
- Green: disposal not likely to pollute air, water or soil; recycled packaging; avoids pesticide usage (organic); humane farm practices (when applicable); absence of petrochemicals, heavy metals; resource sustainability; no GMOs; environmental controls at site of manufacture.
- Yellow: some or none recycled packaging content; petrochemical-based ingredients (when alternatives exist); lacking resource sustainability and cradle to grave accountability.
- Red: disposal likely to pollute air, water or soil; non- or minimally recycled packaging; petrochemicals; pesticides; factory farming (when applicable); lacking resource sustainability and environmental safeguards at site of manufacture.
- Social Responsibility Criteria
- Green: reducing pollution; carbon neutral; human rights; fair trade; technological breakthroughs; environmental stewardship; philanthropy; sustainable resources.
- Yellow: lacking programs for pollution and carbon reduction; non-sustainable sourcing; absence of fair trade policies.
- Red: increasing pollution; destructive environmental practices; human rights violations; labor exploitation; lacking meaningful environmental stewardship.
Sides concludes, "We are thrilled that Healthy Living Magazine educated its readers on cannabidiol or CBD. This article provides further proof that interest in cannabis consumer products are on the rise. We feel that the tides are quickly turning for this highly revered ancient plant in the global marketplace."
For more information visit the Company's website at www.canchewbiotech.com.
About Medical Marijuana, Inc.
Our mission is to be the premier hemp industry innovators, leveraging our team of professionals to source, evaluate and purchase value-added companies and products, while allowing them to keep their integrity and entrepreneurial spirit. We strive to create awareness within our industry, develop environmentally-friendly, economically sustainable businesses, while increasing shareholder value. For more information, please visit the company's website at: www.MedicalMarijuanaInc.com.
About CanChew Biotechnologies
CanChew Biotechnologies focuses on the treatment of pain and other medical disorders with the application of cannabinoid medical products as well as food and nutraceutical products for general well-being.
The company is focused on the R&D and execution of their clinical development plan and potential out-licensing of their technology. Clinical development focuses on the R&D of the formulation, production and the development of chewing gum-based products for the treatment of conditions like pain, nausea and vomiting, anorexia, spasticity and various other medical issues. For more information on the company, visit CanChewBiotech.com.
FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION (FDA) DISCLOSURE
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease.
This press release may contain certain forward-looking statements and information, as defined within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and is subject to the Safe Harbor created by those sections. This material contains statements about expected future events and/or financial results that are forward-looking in nature and subject to risks and uncertainties. Such forward-looking statements by definition involve risks, uncertainties and other factors, which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of Medical Marijuana, Inc. to be materially different from the statements made herein.
Medical Marijuana, Inc. does not sell or distribute any products that are in violation of the United States Controlled Substances Act (US.CSA). The Company does grow, sell and distribute hemp-based products and are involved with the federally legal distribution of hemp-based products within certain international markets. Cannabidiol is a natural constituent of hemp oil.
The photos are also available at Newscom, www.newscom.com, and via AP PhotoExpress.
CONTACT: For further information, please contact: Investor Relations contact: Perry Coleman Medical Marijuana, Inc. P. 443-453-5088 email@example.com Public Relations contact: Andrew Hard Spokesperson P. 858-380-5478 Corporate contact: Medical Marijuana, Inc. Toll Free: 888-OTC-MJNA (888-682-6562) www.medicalmarijuanainc.com www.facebook.com/mjnainc
Source:Medical Marijuana Inc