NEW YORK, Dec. 5, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- IgnitionOne, a global leader in cloud-based digital marketing technology, released a mid-quarter report today, highlighting another strong Thanksgiving weekend for digital marketing. Mobile devices represented a growth area for retail marketing, with huge increases in search spending for smartphones.
Digital marketing figures are released quarterly by IgnitionOne, which manages more than $1.5 billion in online advertising.
Key findings in the report:
- Mobile phones dominate US Search: Mobile continues to empower consumer engagement. Not surprisingly, mobile phones saw the largest growth among device types (including tablets) at 184% YoY.
- Sleepy Saturday wakes up to much higher paid search activity: Last year Saturday was the only day to show negative YoY growth (-7%); however, this year reveals a much different story. While Black Friday had strong YoY growth at 77%, the retail momentum continued into Saturday, with 50% YoY growth overall.
- Desktop search impressions drop: US paid search impressions for desktop dropped 16.2% YoY during the Thanksgiving weekend and into Cyber Monday. It may be due to a shift in shopping patterns with more people out earlier as well as the continued trend of advertisers pulling out of the Google partner network.
- Cyber Monday growth stalls except on Mobile: Cyber Monday saw relatively low growth with respect to last year (36% compared to 60%) with the exception of mobile devices which saw 272% growth YoY.
- Programmatic Display Grows in Spend and Effectiveness: US retail spend in programmatic display increased 43% YoY along with conversions which were up 58% as advertisers delivered fewer, more targeted and effective ads.
"Mobile devices are changing behaviors of consumers across the board and extending the promotional power of the holiday weekend," said Roger Barnette, President of IgnitionOne. "The strong results this past weekend show the savviness of marketers to reach consumers where they are and leverage the entire weekend to drive sales through digital marketing."
This report is the latest in a series of reports from IgnitionOne, reviewing trends across the online advertising landscape. This and previous quarterly reports can be downloaded at http://www.ignitionone.com/thought-leadership/.
IgnitionOne is a global leader in cloud-based digital marketing technology. The company's Digital Marketing Suite (DMS) simplifies life for marketers by providing an integrated suite of solutions that significantly improve digital marketing performance across all devices. The DMS encompasses algorithmic media management across channels such as search, programmatic display, email and social; advanced data management; user scoring, lead optimization and website personalization. With a global footprint of over 450 employees in 17 offices across 10 countries, IgnitionOne is one of the largest independent marketing technology companies in the world.
IgnitionOne currently scores over 300 million users monthly in 75 countries and powers more than $30 billion in revenue each year for leading brands, including General Motors, CenturyLink, Bridgestone, La Quinta and Fiat, as well as advertising agencies such as 360i, GroupM and iProspect.
CONTACT: Joe LaSala IgnitionOne 646-360-5903 firstname.lastname@example.org