GETTYSBURG, Pa., Dec. 8, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OPEN MINDS announced that Arthur C. Evans, Jr., Ph.D., Philadelphia's Commissioner, Department of Behavioral Health and Intellectual disAbility Services, will open the highly-anticipated 2015 OPEN MINDS Performance Management Institute. Dr. Evans will address the emerging use of a public health framework to address population health management within the U.S. health care system and the changing role of behavioral health delivery systems in the evolving health care landscape.
The 2015 OPEN MINDS Performance Management Institute is a two-day expo focused on the emerging performance standards for organizations serving consumers with complex needs, and the most effective management best practices to optimize organizational performance. The institute will draw over 350 executives of health and human service payer and provider organizations, and will be held on February 12-13, 2015 at the Sheraton Sand Key Resort in Clearwater Beach, Florida.
Regarded as a forward-thinking thought leader, both in Pennsylvania and in the national health and human service field, Dr. Evans has brought a new approach to his agency's system of serving a wide range of individuals with complex needs. The transformation of the $1 billion Philadelphia system into a recovery-oriented, outcomes-focused system of care has leaned heavily on public health strategies that contribute to better population health. In addition, he has emphasized data-driven approaches to improve system performance. With 95% of his service system in a pay-for-performance program, Philadelphia has improved outcomes and saved millions of dollars in healthcare costs through increased efficiencies.
"While I have always thought that the public health model has many implications for managed care programs and provider organizations managing risk-based contracts, I was most impressed with how Dr. Evans has operationalized these innovations in one of the largest urban areas in the country," said Monica E. Oss, OPEN MINDS Chief Executive Officer. "From innovative uses of emerging technology, to new roles for consumer self-direction, to community-based programs that engage a wide range of stakeholders in recovery, Dr. Evans' team has created innovative service models that can be used by payers and provider systems alike. In addition, this work contributes to the discussion of the future role of government health organizations in an era of health care reform."
In addition to Dr. Evans' keynote, the 2015 OPEN MINDS Performance Management Institute, has two information-packed days of state-of-the-art content on performance measurement and management. The sessions include:
- The Payer Perspective On Provider Collaboration: Performance Measurement, P4P, Gain-Sharing, & Risk-Based Contracting
- Understanding The CMS Star Rating Systems: How Provider Organizations Can Help Payers Close The Quality Gap
- Developing A Case Rate Model for Behavioral Health: How To Make The Numbers Work For Your Organization
- Maximizing Your Team's Performance: A Look At Productivity Management & Performance-Based Compensation Models
- How To Develop Financial Modeling Tools To Improve Performance: A Mental Health Outpatient Services Case Study
- Adherence, Coordination & Integration: What The New SMI HEDIS Measures Mean For The Field
- Pay-For-Performance In Emerging Care Coordination Models: How ACOs, Health Homes, & New Models Of Care Are Managing Value In Health Care
- Revenue Cycle Management: Improving Collections With Analytics
- Optimizing Organizational Performance: An Executive Roadmap For Managing With Metrics
- Accreditation & Recognition Programs For Medical Homes & Health Homes: Where Are We Now & Where Are We Headed In The Future?
- What Happens After The Merger? Keys To Successfully Merging Financial & Administrative Services
- Finding The Path From Organizational Performance To Strategic Advantage
Discounted registration for The 2015 OPEN MINDS Performance Management Institute is available to executives of health and human service organizations through December 31, 2014. Promotional rates are as follows:
- Individual Registrations: $495 (A Savings Of $100)
- 3-Person 'Group' Registrations: $1,350 (A Savings Of $300)
- 6-Person 'Team' Registrations: $2,250 (A Savings Of $600)
More information on The 2015 OPEN MINDS Performance Management Institute can be found online at http://www.openminds.com/performance/.
OPEN MINDS is the premier market intelligence and management support firm specializing in the sectors of the health and human service field serving consumers with chronic conditions and complex support needs. The mission of OPEN MINDS is to provide health and human service payers and provider organizations – and the organizations that serve them – with the market and management knowledge needed to improve their organizational efficiency and effectiveness. Learn more at www.openminds.com.
For additional questions and inquiries, please contact Tim Snyder, Vice President, Marketing, OPEN MINDS at 717-334-1329 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONTACT: Tim Snyder, Vice President, Marketing, OPEN MINDS Phone: 717-334-1329 E-mail: email@example.com
Source: Open Minds