SAN RAFAEL, Calif., Dec. 9, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. (Nasdaq:BMRN) will host an Analyst and Investor Day from 8am (ET) to 1pm (ET) on Wednesday, December 10, 2014 at The Plaza Hotel. BioMarin management and external experts will provide an update to the investment community on the Company's development portfolio, which is focused on innovative therapies to treat rare and ultra-rare diseases. In addition, the leadership team will highlight its recently announced intention to acquire Prosensa Holding N.V.
BioMarin speakers scheduled to present include:
- Jean-Jacques Bienaimé, Chief Executive Officer
- Hank Fuchs, M.D., Chief Medical Officer
- Dan Spiegelman, Chief Financial Officer
- Jeff Ajer, Chief Commercial Officer
- Barrie Carter, Ph.D., Vice President, Vector Biology
- Wolfgang Dummer, M.D., Ph.D., Vice President, Clinical Development
- Dave Jacoby, M.D. Ph.D., Executive Group Medical Director
- Leonid Katz, M.D., Senior Medical Director
- Len Post, Ph.D., Group Vice President, Chief Scientific Officer
External key opinion leaders scheduled to present include:
- Cary Harding, M.D., Professor of Molecular and Medical Genetics and Pediatrics at Oregon Health and Science University
- Alfried Kohlschütter, M.D., Professor of Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics, University Medical Center Eppendorf, Germany
- Craig McDonald, M.D., Professor and Chair, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, School of Medicine, U.C. Davis Health System
- Glenn Pierce, M.D., Ph.D., former Chief Medical Officer and Senior Vice President of Biogen Idec Hemophilia Therapeutic Area
- Cathleen Raggio, M.D., Attending Orthopedic Surgeon, Co-Director, The Kathryn O. and Alan C. Greenberg Center for Skeletal Dysplasias at Hospital for Special Surgery, New York
Interested parties may access a live audio webcast and slides of the presentations via the investor section of the BioMarin website, www.BMRN.com. A replay of the meeting will be archived on the site for at least one week.
Dial-in information for those not able to access the webcast;
U.S. / Canada Dial-in Number: (877) 303-6313
International Dial-in Number: (631) 813-4734
Conference ID: 30219509
BioMarin develops and commercializes innovative biopharmaceuticals for serious diseases and medical conditions. The company's product portfolio comprises five approved products and multiple clinical and pre-clinical product candidates. Approved products include VIMIZIM® (elosulfase alfa) for MPS IVA, a product wholly developed and commercialized by BioMarin; Naglazyme® (galsulfase) for MPS VI, a product wholly developed and commercialized by BioMarin; Aldurazyme® (laronidase) for MPS I, a product which BioMarin developed through a 50/50 joint venture with Genzyme Corporation; KUVAN® (sapropterin dihydrochloride) Powder for Oral Solution and Tablets, for phenylketonuria (PKU), developed in partnership with Merck Serono, a division of Merck KGaA of Darmstadt, Germany and Firdapse® (amifampridine), which has been approved by the European Commission for the treatment of Lambert Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome (LEMS). Product candidates include BMN 165 (PEGylated recombinant phenylalanine ammonia lyase), also referred to as PEG PAL, which is currently in Phase 3 clinical development for the treatment of PKU, talazoparib (formerly referred to as BMN 673), a poly ADP-ribose polymerase (PARP) inhibitor, which is currently in Phase 3 clinical development for the treatment of germline BRCA breast cancer, BMN 701, a novel fusion protein of insulin-like growth factor 2 and acid alpha glucosidase (IGF2-GAA), which is currently in Phase 3 clinical development for the treatment of Pompe disease, BMN 111, a modified C-natriuretic peptide, which is currently in Phase 2 clinical development for the treatment of achondroplasia, BMN 190, a recombinant human tripeptidyl peptidase-1 (rhTPP1) for the treatment of CLN2 disorder, a form of Batten disease, which is currently in Phase 1, BMN 270, an AAV-factor VIII vector, for the treatment of hemophilia A and BMN 250, a novel fusion of alpha-N-acetyglucosaminidase (NAGLU) with a peptide derived from insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2), for the treatment of MPS IIIB.
For additional information, please visit www.BMRN.com. Information on BioMarin's website is not incorporated by reference into this press release.
BioMarin®, VIMIZIM®, Naglazyme®, KUVAN®, Firdapse® are registered trademarks of BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.
Aldurazyme® is a registered trademark of BioMarin/Genzyme LLC.
CONTACT: Investors Traci McCarty BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. (415) 455-7558 Media Debra Charlesworth BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. (415) 455-7451
Source:BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.