- Recognizes 3DS' global leadership in digital manufacturing
- Voted on by the Design World Magazine user community
ROCK HILL, S.C., Dec. 10, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) today announced that it has been awarded the 2014 Leadership in Engineering award by Design World Magazine in the category of Digital Manufacturing. The annual Leadership in Engineering Award is voted on by the Design World user community.
Using an online voting system, registered members of the Design World community cast votes for companies that continue to reflect excellence in product design, creativity, and service while demonstrating clear influence and vision in their respective categories. 3DS achieved its leadership in digital manufacturing by convincingly demonstrating the value of its digital thread for manufacturing, enabling designers and engineers to capture physical data, create designs, 3D print and inspect via a unified suite of products.
"This award reinforces our commitment to democratize access to integrated design and manufacturing products, platforms and ecosystems for engineers and manufacturers as well as consumers," said Cathy Lewis, Chief Marketing Officer, 3DS. "It's gratifying and very meaningful for us to be recognized by the very practitioners we care so deeply about."
3DS and all the category winners are profiled on the Design World Magazine site.
About 3D Systems
3D Systems is pioneering 3D printing for everyone. 3DS provides the most advanced and comprehensive 3D design-to-manufacturing solutions including 3D printers, print materials and cloud sourced custom parts. Its powerful digital thread empowers professionals and consumers everywhere to bring their ideas to life in material choices including plastics, metals, ceramics and edibles. 3DS' leading healthcare solutions include end-to-end simulation, training and integrated 3D planning and printing for personalized surgery and patient specific medical and dental devices. Its democratized 3D design and inspection products embody the latest perceptual, capture and touch technology. Its products and services replace and complement traditional methods with improved results and reduced time to outcomes. These solutions are used to rapidly design, create, communicate, plan, guide, prototype or produce functional parts, devices and assemblies, empowering customers to manufacture the future.
Leadership Through Innovation and Technology
- 3DS invented 3D printing with its Stereolithography (SLA) printer and was the first to commercialize it in 1989.
- 3DS invented Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) printing and was the first to commercialize it in 1992.
- 3DS invented the ColorJet Printing (CJP) class of 3D printers and was the first to commercialize 3D powder-based systems in 1994.
- 3DS invented MultiJet Printing (MJP) printers and was the first to commercialize it in 1996.
- 3DS Medical Modeling pioneered virtual surgical planning (VSP) and its services are world-leading, helping many thousands of patients on an annual basis.
Today its comprehensive range of 3D printers is the industry's benchmark for production-grade manufacturing in aerospace, automotive, patient specific medical device and a variety of consumer, electronic and fashion accessories.
More information on the company is available at www.3dsystems.com.
Source:3D Systems Corporation