DUBLIN, Dec. 30, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6jkprh/opioids_market) has announced the addition of the "Opioids Market Overview to 2023 - Opioids in Emerging Markets" report to their offering.
This report provides analysis of new developments that will have a strong bearing on the use of opioids in pain management in emerging countries (Argentina, Brazil, China, India, Mexico, Russia and South Africa). Access to opioids is restricted under strict drug control policies and regulations overseeing controlled medicines due to their high abuse potential. Emphasis on restricting access to controlled drugs is much higher in emerging markets than in developed nations, resulting in a level of consumption that is too low to meet pain-control requirements even in cases of terminal illness. There is a high level of unmet need for pain control in both cancer and HIV/AIDS, and serious concerns have been raised regarding inadequate pain management in the emerging markets.
However, this is expected to change in the near future as regulatory authorities attempt to remedy the situation. Indeed, several new developments promise a better outlook for future access. Although India currently has a minor share of the market, it is expected to post a high growth rate (21.3% by 2023) due to improved access to opioid analgesics. Similarly, consumption in Brazil and Argentina is also expected to increase due to recent changes to their palliative care policies. Although the opioids market in emerging countries is small, it is expected to grow at a faster pace in forecast period than in some developed countries.
"Opioids in Emerging Markets covers" the major emerging markets of Argentina, Brazil, China, India, Mexico, Russia, and South Africa, and includes -
- Discussion of the key challenges that restrict opioid use in pain management
- Analysis of the inadequate use of opioids in pain control and the associated unmet need
- Discussion of the key changes in the regulatory and legal landscape that affect opioids, prescription barriers, palliative care, and harm-reduction activities
- Analysis of recent developments in emerging markets and their expected impact on opioid accessibility and usage
- Country snapshots, which include key regulations, consumption, market revenues and forecasts, and key drivers and barriers in India, Brazil and South Africa
- Snapshot of consumption trends along with market revenues and forecasts in Argentina and China
Key Reasons to Purchase:
- Understand the key constraints in emerging markets that limit the use of opioids in pain management
- Understand recent changes in the regulatory environment and gauge their impact on opioid usage
- Gain perspective on the unmet need in the opioids market
- Understand the market size and growth potential in emerging markets and identify high-potential countries for opioid products
Key Topics Covered:
Opioids in pain management
Opioids in emerging markets: an overview
Factors affecting opioid usage
Opioid consumption in emerging markets
Country snapshots (Brazil, India and South Africa)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6jkprh/opioids_market
CONTACT: Research and Markets Laura Wood, Senior Manager email@example.com For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900 U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907 Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716 Sector: Pharmaceuticals
Source:Research and Markets