WASHINGTON, Dec. 31, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
|What||The National Press Club Newsmakers Speech|
|Who||Postmaster General & CEO Patrick R. Donahoe|
|When||Tuesday, Jan. 6, 2015 / 10 a.m. ET|
|Where||The National Press Club|
|529 14th St. NW, 13th Floor|
|Washington, DC 20045|
Appointed the 73rd Postmaster General and CEO by the Postal Service Board of Governors in October, 2010, Patrick Donahoe will retire February 1, 2015. Donahoe began his 39-year USPS career as a clerk in Pittsburgh, PA, while attending college at the University of Pittsburgh. Prior to his appointment as the organization's top officer, he served as Deputy Postmaster General and Chief Operating Officer. Megan J. Brennan, the current chief operating officer of the Postal Service, will serve as the 74th Postmaster General and CEO.
Some of the issues Mr. Donahoe is expected to address in his remarks include:
- Why the Postal Service had its best financial quarter in seven years;
- Why Congress was unable to pass postal reform legislation;
- Why the Postal Service requires greater flexibility to adapt to a changing marketplace;
- How Postal challenges and opportunities are applicable to the rest of the federal government; and
- Recommendations for Congress, the mailing industry and postal unions to ensure the best possible future for the Postal Service and the American public.
RSVP This event is for credentialed journalists. A RSVP, while not required, is appreciated. Please contact Dave Partenheimer at David.A.Partenheimer@usps.gov
Follow us on twitter.com/USPS and like us at facebook.com/USPS. For more information about the Postal Service, go to usps.com and usps.com/postalfacts.
CONTACT: Dave Partenheimer 202.268.2599 email@example.comSource:United States Postal Service