PALO ALTO, Calif. and RALEIGH, N.C., Jan. 13, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Adapt IP Ventures was retained by patent attorney, Bao Tran, to broker the sale of a patent portfolio of over 30 issued US patents and pending applications. Over 400 patent documents cite this diverse patent portfolio owned by Tran, the leading groups including Qualcomm, Microsoft, HP, IBM and Google.
Summary of representative patent portfolio offerings:
- Video capture and delivery – 4 assets related to processing and communicating captured high-definition video
- Smart home – 10 assets related to occupancy sensing, mesh network connected locking systems, smart HVAC and lighting technologies
- Nano-electronics – 14 assets related to nano-electronic memory devices, which includes memory systems that can be embedded into clothing
- Fabrication – 5 assets related to forming or regulating objects using phase-change material
- Mobile device security – 1 asset related to disabling a mobile device in order to prevent unauthorized access when the device owner is outside the predetermined range of the base station
- Vehicular-based mobile communications – 1 asset related to selectively disabling the outbound communication of a mobile communication device from within a vehicle
- Policy-driven mobile messaging – 2 assets related to reducing the cost of sending messages over an intermittent network of devices via multiple communication channels
A seasoned patent prosecutor – including tenures at Fish & Richardson, Align Technologies and Tran & Associates (present) - Tran maintains significant experience in the patent monetization process. Tran has sold numerous patent assets, including a patent portfolio related to data capture and management to Palm, now Hewlett-Packard, over a decade ago. In regard to his most recent grouping of patents, favorable market conditions have motivated Tran to monetize his portfolio at the present time.
Adapt IP Vice President, Brian Bochicco, further comments, "In the past twelve months, we have brokered several deals focused on home automation, mobile, and video technologies, with most of these offerings having yielded multiple bids. Accordingly, we believe the breadth and depth of Bao Tran's patented portfolio across these specific technology segments will spur interest in his IP in the near term."
Adapt IP plans to actively market these assets to a broad group of companies though all interested parties should contact Brian at email@example.com to receive offering materials.
About Adapt IP Ventures, LLC
Adapt IP Ventures provides transaction advisory services designed to assist individual inventors, companies and universities understand and extract value from their patents. Typical engagements consist of Adapt IP Ventures developing and executing custom strategies to sell or license patents. For more information, please visit www.adaptipventures.com.
CONTACT: Brian Bochicco Adapt IP Ventures, LLC Phone: 703-973-0117 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Source:Adapt IP Ventures, LLC