PRINCETON JUNCTION, N.J., Jan. 14, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Smart Card Alliance today announced its new board and seven-member executive committee to lead and provide guidance for education programs, market research, advocacy, industry relations and events for 2014-2015.
More information regarding the board and the Smart Card Alliance management can be found at http://www.smartcardalliance.org/alliance-management/.
"The smart card industry is diversifying at a rapid pace, and the Alliance is working hard to meet the demands for education, industry coordination and communications leadership across all existing and emerging markets to advance the industry even further," said Randy Vanderhoof, executive director of the Smart Card Alliance. "Our executive leadership is an essential piece of the puzzle, guiding our membership and industry councils on strategy, collaboration, events, education and outreach activities."
The Smart Card Alliance elected executive committee is made up of the following board members:
- Chair: Willy Dommen, Accenture
- Vice Chair: Garfield Smith, Oberthur Technologies
- Treasurer: Brian Russell, Giesecke & Devrient
- Assistant Treasurer: Brian Stein, CH2M Hill
- Secretary: Greg Garback, Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- Assistant Secretary: Michael Nash, Xerox
- Technology Vice Chair: Frazier Evans, Booz Allen Hamilton
"The leadership team is composed of a diverse group of represented markets, including government, enterprise, transportation, payments and healthcare, which gives the Alliance the ability to address and provide educational resources on issues that are relevant to our membership and their industries. I look forward to continue working with the board and with our Executive Director Randy Vanderhoof to position the Alliance to serve and guide our membership in the most effective ways possible," said returning chair, Willy Dommen, Accenture.
Other newly elected or returning members to the Alliance board:
- David Batchelor, LifeMed ID, Inc.
- Deborah Baxley, Capgemini
- Troy Bernard, Discover Financial Services
- Kirk Brafford, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Allen Friedman, Ingenico
- Bob Gilson, U.S. Department of Defense/Defense Manpower Data Center
- Simon Hurry, Visa, Inc.
- Jack Jania, Gemalto
- Oliver Manahan, MasterCard Worldwide
- Scott Rau, Chase Card Services
- Kelly Urban, First Data Corporation
About the Smart Card Alliance
The Smart Card Alliance is a not-for-profit, multi-industry association working to stimulate the understanding, adoption, use and widespread application of smart card technology.
Through specific projects such as education programs, market research, advocacy, industry relations and open forums, the Alliance keeps its members connected to industry leaders and innovative thought. The Alliance is the single industry voice for smart cards, leading industry discussion on the impact and value of smart cards in the U.S. and Latin America. For more information please visit http://www.smartcardalliance.org.
CONTACT: Megan Shamas Montner & Associates Tech PR 203-226-9290 email@example.com
Source:Smart Card Alliance