BOISE, Idaho, Jan. 16, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tactical Export Strategies has organized 13 Idaho recreation-technology (rec-tech) companies to create a complete and functioning firearm from Idaho-made products. This firearm will be on display at the 2015 Shooting Hunting and Outdoor Trade (S.H.O.T) Show in Las Vegas at the Sands Expo Center January 20-23, 2015, in the Idaho Commerce booth (booth 2943).
"We were excited to create a firearm created almost entirely from Idaho-made products," said Joe Anderson, President of Tactical Export Strategies (www.tacticalexportstrategies.com). "It's important to show the rest of the country what types of products Idaho makes and the level of manufacturing we have here. And we thought that SHOT Show was the perfect place to debut this all-Idaho firearm because of the caliber of audience that the show brings."
Idaho has a rich outdoor and hunting heritage, and has become an attractive home for companies in the outdoor rec-tech industry. The collaborating Idaho companies include:
- Am-Tac Precision (Garden City) – Upper Receiver & Bolt Assembly
- ATK Blackhawk! (Lewiston) – Stock, Pistol Grip, Bi-Pod, & Sling
- Forward Moving Training Center (Boise) – Training donation
- Gem-Tech (Boise) - Suppressor
- Hooker Tactical (Arco) – Scope Camera for training
- Kryptek Outdoor Group (Eagle) – Gun Case
- Lone Wolf Distributors (Priest River) – Trigger Kit, Custom Engraving & Misc. Parts
- MCM Firearms (Nampa) – Custom Kryptek Camo Skin
- MGM Targets (Caldwell) – Switchview Scope Lever
- Nightforce Optics (Orofino) – Scope & Scope Mounts
- Primary Weapon Systems (Boise) – Barrel & Enhanced Buffer Tube
- Seekins Precision (Lewiston) – Lower Receiver
- Unique AR's (McCall) – Hand Guard & custom cutting of IGC logo & Paint Design
Following the SHOT Show, the firearm will be donated to the 2015 Governor's Cup, a 501(c)(3) that provides scholarship money to Idaho students pursuing post-secondary education in the state.
To learn more about Idaho Commerce's involvement in SHOT Show 2015, visit http://commerce.idaho.gov/events/shot-show-exhibition-2015
A photo accompanying this release is available at:
CONTACT: Kayla Ruiz Idaho Commerce 208.334.2470 email@example.comSource:Idaho Department of Commerce