San Francisco, California, Jan. 22, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Seed Treatment Market Analysis And Segment Forecast To 2020 ( http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/seed-treatment-market)
The global market for seed treatment is expected to reach USD 5.61 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Seed treatment demand is expected to increase due to growing need for protection of high cost seeds in the market. Additionally, effective control over seed or soil borne diseases and infections due to seed treatments will also boost the overall market. Technological development with regards to seed treatment across the crop life cycle is expected to augment the growth of the market.
Insecticide treatment was the largest segment accounting for USD 1.57 billion of revenue in 2013. Cost effectiveness and ease of use are key factors for increasing popularity of insecticide treatment in the seed treatment market. Non chemical seed treatment is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.3% from 2014 to 2020, due to consumer awareness regarding non chemical products benefits to environment and human health.
More Information on Seed Treatment Market at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/seed-treatment-market
Some key points from the study suggest:
- Global seed treatment market revenue was USD 2.98 billion in 2013 and is expected to reach USD 5.61 billion by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 9.6% from 2014 to 2020.
- Corn/Maize is the largest crop type subjected to seed treatment generating revenue of USD 1.03 billion in 2013 due to high vulnerability of crop to insects/ pests.
- North America was the largest regional market for seed treatment with revenue exceeding USD 1.26 billion in 2013. Growing demand for crops such as corn and soybean for production of biofuels coupled with technological advancement in seed treatment is expected to give the region an edge in the market over the forecast period.
- Non chemical treatment is expected to witness fastest growth at an estimated CAGR of 10.3% from 2014 to 2020. The increasing awareness regarding hazards of other seed treatment forms to human health and surrounding environment is expected to drive demand for the segment.
- The global seed treatment market is highly consolidated with the top four companies accounting for over 80% of the market in 2013. Key Companies in the market include Syngenta, Monsanto, BASF, Bayer CropScience, Chemtura, Nufarm and DuPont.
Commercial Seeds Market Growth, Analysis And Research Report To 2020 ( http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/commercial-seeds-market)
The Global market for commercial seeds is expected to reach USD 72.09 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing population coupled with reduction in arable land is expected to boost the demand for GM/bioseeds which are superior to conventional seeds in terms of disease resistance and yield. However, in spite of the advantages offered by GM seeds, the market faces considerable restraint in the form of government regulations in certain countries against the use of GM seeds
Corn/maize was the largest consumed commercial seed, accounting for USD 20.07 billion of revenue in 2013. The growth in corn can be attributed to its increased use as livestock feed and in ethanol production. Soybean was the next largest commercial seed form accounting for revenue in excess of USD 8 billion in 2013. Soybean is a cheaper source of protein and is being increasingly used in the medical field. Other common commercial seeds include cotton, canola, cereals and rice.
Detailed research report on the Global Commercial Seeds Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/commercial-seeds-market
Some key points covered in this report:
- The global biotechnology (GM) seeds market was valued at USD 21.45 billion in 2013 and is expected to reach USD 42.53 billion by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 10.3% from 2014 to 2020
- Soybean was the largest consumed GM seed accounting for USD 9.12 billion in revenue as of 2013. However, GM maize is expected to witness fastest growth at an estimated CAGR of 11% from 2014 to 2020 on account of increasing demand for soybean oil in manufacturing of biofuels.
- North America was the largest regional market for commercial seeds with market revenue of USD 13.96 billion in 2013. Europe is expected to remain a moderate market, owing to the high degree of regulatory intervention persistent in the region. Asia pacific and Latin America are expected to witness significant market growth at an estimated CAGR of over 7% from 2014 to 2020.
- Major industry participants include Monsanto Company, DuPont Pioneer, Syngenta International AG and Vilmorin & Cie SA, KWS SAAT AG, Bayer CropScience and DOW AgroSciences
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Web: Grand View Research
Source:Grand View Research