IRVINE, Calif., Jan. 23, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Autobytel (Nasdaq:ABTL), pioneer of the automotive Internet and the company dedicated to connecting automotive consumers with dealers, today announced it is celebrating its 20th Anniversary this year, and is officially kicking off that celebration at the NADA Convention & Expo in San Francisco today.
The company says it has a host of exciting events planned at the show, including workshops entitled Text and Engage with Today's Changing Customer, conducted by Scott Pechstein, Autobytel's VP of National Sales; its exciting Dealer of the Year Award presentation; and its exclusive 20th Anniversary Reception for dealers and automotive industry elite, among others.
"This is an extraordinary year as we celebrate 20 years of excellence and innovation, and over 50 million leads delivered to our industry partners since our launch," said Jeff Coats, President and CEO of Autobytel Inc. "Before any other automotive website existed, Autobytel revolutionized an entire industry, and we continue to innovate today. We thank the tens of millions of consumers and the thousands of dealers and industry partners who have relied on Autobytel to improve the car buying and selling process these past two decades. We look forward to the next 20 years."
In addition to its rich history in the automotive industry, the company says it has plenty to celebrate, highlighting incredible milestones it has achieved along the way:
- From its inception in 1995 to December 2014, the company has delivered over 50 million new and used car leads to its industry partners.1
- In 1997, it garnered its one millionth customer and that same year, it became the first Internet Company to advertise on the Super Bowl. It advertised on the Super Bowl again in 1998.
- In 1999, it was heralded as the 7th Most Recognized eCommerce Brand in the World, and it held its Initial Public Offering.2
- In 2000, it was named a permanent member of the Smithsonian National Museum of American History.
- In 2001, Autobytel recognized its 10 millionth customer.
- In 2004, for the sixth year in a row, Deloitte & Touche named Autobytel one of the 50 fastest growing technology companies in Orange County, California, and Autobytel executives rang the NASDAQ opening bell.
- In 2005, Autobytel celebrated its 10th Anniversary.
- In 2008, Autobytel board member Jeff Coats took over the role as President and CEO and has since guided the company to 14 consecutive quarters of profitability.
- In 2010, the company acquired Cyber Ventures and Autotropolis, which enhanced the company's internal lead generation efforts and expanded its search engine marketing footprint.
- In 2013, Autobytel acquired Advanced Mobile (now Autobytel Mobile) enabling the company to offer the auto industry a full suite of mobile products and services, including TextShield™, an innovative lead management system for text, and a completely redesigned, cutting edge app for dealers.
- Also in 2013, Autobytel teamed with SaleMove, allowing dealers and manufacturers to enhance the online shopping experience by interacting with consumers in real-time via Virtual Showroom Technology.
- In 2014, Autobytel announced its acquisition of AutoUSA, a move that increased Autobytel's national dealer network to 5,200, while boosting its business with auto manufacturers.
- Also in 2014, Autobytel delivered 6.4 million new and used car leads to its industry partners, and in the first six months of 2014 alone, it represented nearly 600,000 new and used car sales in the U.S.
- Today, the Autobytel YouTube channel has garnered close to 50 million views since its launch just three years ago.
The company invites you to watch its 20th Anniversary Commemorative Video (http://youtu.be/MpxG8ND7DnM), as it celebrates its past accomplishments and its innovations for the road ahead.
Visit http://dealer.autobytel.com and http://mobile.autobytel.com to learn about the company's leading industry products. Visit http://autobytel.com/ for leading automotive information; watch exclusive new car videos, test drives and car reviews at Autobytel's YouTube channel; or join the conversation at the Autobytel Facebook Fan Page.
1) Autobytel audited lead totals from 1997 – 2014; estimated lead totals from 1995 – 1997
2) Results of Opinion Research Corporation consumer survey
About Autobytel Inc.
Autobytel Inc. provides high quality consumer leads and associated marketing services to automotive dealers and manufacturers throughout the United States and offers consumers robust and original online automotive content to help them make informed car-buying decisions. The company pioneered the automotive internet in 1995 with its flagship website http://www.autobytel.com/ and has since helped tens of millions of automotive consumers research vehicles; connected thousands of dealers nationwide with motivated car buyers; and helped every major automaker market its brand online.
Investors and other interested parties can receive Autobytel news releases and invitations to special events by accessing the online registration form at investor.autobytel.com/alerts.cfm.
CONTACT: Autobytel Inc. Media Relations Splash Media Jennifer Lange 949-916-4820 firstname.lastname@example.org or Autobytel Inc. Investor Relations Curtis DeWalt Chief Financial Officer 949-437-4694 email@example.com or Cody Slach or Sean Mansouri Liolios Group, Inc. 949-574-3860 firstname.lastname@example.org