GETTYSBURG, Pa., Jan. 23, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OPEN MINDS announced that Manuel Arisso, JD, LHRM, Chief Executive Officer, Magellan Complete Care of Florida will open the second day of the highly-anticipated 2015 OPEN MINDS Performance Management Institute. In his keynote session, "The Challenges & Opportunities Of Moving To Integrated Care Management," Mr. Arisso will discuss the Magellan model for involving consumers, caregivers, and professionals in an integrated care management system – and share his perspective on the future of care coordination for consumers with chronic, complex conditions.
The institute is the annual forum focused on the evolving set of performance standards and performance expectations for payer and provider organizations focused on serving consumers with complex needs. Over 400 executives are registered to gather for the institute on February 12-13, 2015 at the Sheraton Sand Key Resort in Clearwater Beach, Florida.
"The future will be determined by answering two questions: What does performance mean in a changing health and human service market, and what does the future look like for organizations that finance and serve consumers with complex needs," said Monica E. Oss, OPEN MINDS Chief Executive Officer. "Our institute provides expert perspectives on the measures of and practices to achieve superior performance in a changing market."
The institute will open with a keynote address by Dr. Arthur C. Evans Jr., Commissioner of the Philadelphia Department of Behavioral Health & Intellectual disAbility Services. Dr. Evans, in his presentation, "A New Future For Behavioral Health: Using Public Health Models To Manage Population Health" will address how the Philadelphia behavioral health system has used a public health framework for population health management. OPEN MINDS Chief Executive Officer, Monica E. Oss will close the event with her plenary session, "The (Inescapable) New Value Equation In Health & Human Services: Why It Will Determine Who Succeeds."
Other featured faculty at this 2015 institute include:
- Bruce Condit RN, BSN, CCM, Head of Behavioral Health Program Development, Aetna
- Anita Soutier, Director of Contracting, Cigna
- Matt Miller, National Vice President, BH Network Management and Operations, Magellan Health Services
- Chad Stephens, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, Centerpoint Human Services
- Natasha Walsh, Chief Learning Officer, Providence Services Corporation
- Joel Leonard, Quality Management Director, Centerpoint Human Services
- Karen Brannon, Ph.D., Director of Research & Organizational Development, Family Services of Western Pennsylvania
- Michael Croghan, Senior Vice President, Chief Product Strategist & Technology Officer, Care Management Technologies & Certified Six Sigma Black Belt Instructor
- Sonia Handforth-Kome, M.A., Chief Operating Officer, Valley Cities Counseling & Consultation
- Leslie Mariner, Senior Business Development Executive, Relias Learning
- Amrita Sethi, M.B.A., D.H.A., Training & Workforce Administrator, Mercy Maricopa Integrated Care
- Melanie Teves Bell, Ed.S., LMFT, Senior Vice President of Clinical Services, Manatee Glens
- Philip O. Toal, Ed.D., LMHC, CET, Senior Vice President, Residential Services, Aspire Health Partners
- David Wawrzynek, M.S., M.B.A., Chief Financial Officer, Spectrum Human Services
- Albert J. Villapiano, Ed.D., Vice President of Clinical Development, Inflexxion, Inc.
- Carol Clayton, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, Care Management Technologies
- Christy Winter, LMSW, Manager of Clinical Informatics & Outcomes, Qualifacts
- Tom Tantillo, M.S.W., M.B.A., Vice President, Penn Foundation Behavioral Health, & Advisory Board Member, OPEN MINDS
- Ken Carr, Chief Financial Officer, Guild Incorporated, & Advisory Board Member, OPEN MINDS
- Joseph P. Naughton-Travers, Ed.M., Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
- Steve Ramsland, Ed.D., Senior Associate, OPENMINDS
- George Braunstein, M.A., FACHE, Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
- Howard Shiffman, Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
- Philip Micali, Senior Associate, OPEN MINDS
In addition to the plenary sessions, this year's program includes a number of exciting presentations designed to address the changing performance management requirements facing health and human service executives, including:
- The Payer Perspective On Provider Collaboration: Performance Measurement, P4P, Gain-Sharing, & Risk-Based Contracting
- Understanding The CMS Five-Star Quality Rating System: How Provider Organizations Can Help Payers Close The Quality Gap
- Developing A Case Rate Model For Behavioral Health: How To Make The Numbers Work For Your Organization
- Maximizing Your Team's Performance: A Look At Productivity Management & Performance-Based Compensation Models
- How To Develop Financial Modeling Tools To Improve Performance: A Mental Health Outpatient Services Case Study
- Adherence, Coordination & Integration: What The New SMI HEDIS Measures Mean For The Field
- Pay-For-Performance In Emerging Care Coordination Models: How ACOs, Health Homes, & New Models Of Care Are Managing Value In Health Care
- Revenue Cycle Management: Improving Collections With Analytics
- Optimizing Organizational Performance: An Executive Roadmap For Managing With Metrics
- Partnerships, Collaborations, & Mergers: Opportunities To Gain Economies Of Scale & Competitive Edge In A Changing Children's Service Market
The premier sponsor of The 2015 OPEN MINDS Performance Management Institute is Askesis Development Group, a leading provider of electronic health record software for the behavioral health, addiction treatment, and social service markets. Additional sponsors and exhibitors participating in this year's event include:
- Care Management Technologies
- Core Solutions, Inc.
- The Echo Group
- Genoa, a QoL Healthcare Company
- The Joint Commission
- Netsmart Technologies
- Odyssey Software
- OnceLogix, LLC
- Qualifacts Systems, Inc.
- Relias Learning
- Streamline Healthcare Solutions
- TenEleven Group
- U Squared Interactive
More information on The 2015 OPEN MINDS Performance Management Institute can be found online at http://www.openminds.com/performance/.
And, to see who is attending, check out the institute registration list at http://www.openminds.com/performance/who-attends/.
OPEN MINDS is the premier market intelligence and management support firm specializing in the sectors of the health and human service field serving consumers with chronic conditions and complex support needs. The mission of OPEN MINDS is to provide health and human service payers and provider organizations – and the organizations that serve them – with the market and management knowledge needed to improve their organizational efficiency and effectiveness. Learn more at www.openminds.com.
For additional questions and inquiries, please contact Tim Snyder, Vice President, Marketing, OPEN MINDS at 717-334-1329 or email@example.com.
CONTACT:Tim Snyder, Vice President, Marketing, OPEN MINDS Phone: 717-334-1329 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Open Minds