SANTA MONICA, Calif., Jan. 26, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- A-Mark Precious Metals, Inc. (Nasdaq:AMRK), a full-service precious metals trading company, will hold its 2015 Annual Meeting of Stockholders on Friday, February 6, 2015 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific time.
The meeting will take place at the Fairmont Miramar Hotel and Bungalows located at 101 Wilshire Boulevard in Santa Monica, California. Stockholders of record at the close of business on December 19, 2014, are entitled to attend and vote at the Annual Meeting.
A-Mark management will provide an operational update and discuss the company's growth strategy and strategic initiatives for 2015. The meeting is also being held for the following purposes:
- to elect eight directors to serve for a term of one year (until the 2016 Annual Meeting of Stockholders) and until their respective successors have been duly elected and qualified;
- to vote to approve the 2014 Stock Award and Incentive Plan;
- to vote, on an advisory basis, to approve the compensation named executive officers for fiscal 2014;
- to vote, on an advisory basis, on whether advisory votes to approve the compensation of named executive officers should be conducted at our Annual Meetings each year, every two years or every three years;
- to vote to ratify the appointment of BDO USA, LLP as the independent registered public accountants for fiscal 2015; and
- to transact such other business as may be properly brought before the meeting.
Stockholders are strongly encouraged to complete and return the proxy materials promptly via mail.
About A-Mark Precious Metals, Inc.
A-Mark Precious Metals is a full-service precious metals trading company and an official distributor for many government mints throughout the world. The company offers gold, silver, platinum and palladium in the form of bars, plates, powder, wafers, grain, ingots and coins. Its Industrial unit services manufacturers and fabricators of products utilizing or incorporating precious metals, while its Coin & Bar unit deals in over 200 coin and bar products in a variety of weights, shapes and sizes for distribution to dealers and other qualified purchasers. The company operates trading centers in Santa Monica, California, and Vienna, Austria, for buying and selling precious metals.
In addition to wholesale and trading activity, A-Mark offers customers a variety of services, including financing, consignment and various customized financial programs. As a U.S. Mint-authorized purchaser of gold, silver and platinum coins, A-Mark purchases bullion products directly from the U.S. Mint for sale to customers. A-Mark also has distributorships with other sovereign mints, including in Australia, Austria, Canada, China, Mexico and South Africa. Customers of A‑Mark include mints, manufacturers and fabricators, refiners, coin and metal dealers, banks and other financial institutions, jewelers, investors and collectors. For more information about A-Mark Precious Metals, visit www.amark.com.
Through its subsidiary Collateral Finance Corporation, a licensed California Finance Lender, the company offers loans collateralized by numismatic and semi-numismatic coins and bullion to coin and metal dealers, investors and collectors. Through its Transcontinental Depository Services subsidiary, it offers a variety of managed storage options for precious metals products to financial institutions, dealers, investors and collectors around the world.
CONTACT: Company Contact: Thor Gjerdrum, EVP & COO A-Mark Precious Metals, Inc. (310) 587-1621 firstname.lastname@example.org Investor Relations Contact: Matt Glover or Michael Koehler Liolios Group, Inc. (949) 574-3860 AMRK@liolios.comSource:A-Mark Precious Metals