SEATTLE, Jan. 27, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Whether it's a new angle on the history of a destination or learning the right settings for photography, hobbyists and experts alike have seven theme cruise topics to choose from on select small ship cruises with Un-Cruise Adventures in 2015. Theme cruises explore Mexico's Sea of Cortés, Alaska, coastal Washington and the Columbia & Snake Rivers.
Un-Cruise Adventures' fleet of boutique yachts and small ships carry 22-88 guests on adventure and river cruises lasting one week to 21 nights. All adventure activities and shore excursions are included. For theme cruise departures, a guest expert joins the cruise for a week of special presentations and hands-on learning opportunities.
"We invite specialists on board to add another element to the week's adventure," said Captain Dan Blanchard, CEO. "Since our vessels are intimate with less than 90 guests on board, you'll have time to meet and talk to the photographer or marine biologist. Nothing is taken away from our regular programming; we're adding to it."
Mexico's Sea of Cortés - The 84-guest Safari Endeavour sails roundtrip from San José del Cabo exploring islands, bays and marine life in this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Birding/Ornithology: Nov 14 with Dave Verner, a lifetime birder now living in Mexico
Columbia & Snake Rivers—The 88-guest S.S. Legacy, a replica coastal steamer, explores the scenic beauty and history of the area, including the Lewis & Clark expedition, with living history presentations, and excursions to museums, wineries and forts.
- Enhanced Lewis & Clark: May 16, 23; October 31; November 7; with Todd Weber, an expert on American history and the Lewis & Clark expedition
- Music: August 8 with Letters from Home, a singing duo specializing in 1940s style harmonies, tap dancing and comedy
- Wine & Culinary: A new Ameritage! Four Rivers of Wine and History itinerary visits nine wineries; August 15 with Steven (a certified sommelier) and MaryAnn Sinkler, owners of the Wine Shack in Cannon Beach, OR; August 22 with Kevin Correll, owner of Barrage Cellars; August 29 with Jameson Fink, wine expert and blogger
Coastal Washington/British Columbia—The 60-guest Wilderness Adventurer explores Puget Sound and the San Juan Islands. The 22-guest Safari Quest explores British Columbia and Princess Louisa Inlet.
- Craft beer (coastal WA): April 25 with Robyn Schumacher, owner and brewer at Seattle's Stoup Brewing; October 3 with Nate and Becca Schons, owners and brewers at Orcas Island's Island Hoppin' Brewery
- Birding/Ornithology (in B.C.): May 2 with Ken Wilson, teacher and expert in natural history and birding.
Alaska—Theme cruises in Alaska are offered aboard the 84-guest Safari Endeavour sailing adventure cruises in remote Alaskan wilderness roundtrip from Juneau.
- Photography: July 5 with Peter West Carey, professional photographer and adventurer
- Marine Biology: July 26 and August 2 with Jackie Hedgpeth, a marine biology expert and teacher; August 16 with Gary Freitag, an oceanography expert
Find more information on theme cruises online. In each destination, an adventure savings offer for up to $400/couple is available now for new bookings on select departures in 2015 and must be booked by March 27, 2015. To book or to request additional information, contact your travel agent or Un-Cruise Adventures at 888-862-8881 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Un-Cruise Adventures
Un-Cruise Adventures' boutique yachts and small ships carry 22-88 guests on voyages in Alaska, Hawaiian Islands, Mexico's Sea of Cortés, Columbia & Snake Rivers, coastal Washington, British Columbia, Galápagos Islands and Costa Rica & Panama. Un-Cruise Adventures, under the parent company of InnerSea Discoveries Alaska Inc., is a member of Trusted Adventures, dedicated to the highest standards of small-group travel and to giving back to the places visited.
CONTACT: Sarah Scoltock PHONE: 206-838-9491 EMAIL: sarahs@Un-Cruise.com
Source: Un-Cruise Adventures