LOUISVILLE, Ky., Jan. 28, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- A Kentucky-focused equity conference returns to Louisville's Churchill Downs this June, providing a high-profile forum for professional investors, fund managers and analysts to hear company executives discuss performance and strategies.
First held in 2004, the INVESTKentucky Equity Conference features Kentucky's leading public companies as well as economic, political and investment thought leaders. The event will be held Friday, June 5, at the iconic home of the Kentucky Derby.
"Investors and analysts want to know what makes companies tick," said Terry McWilliams, MBA, chairman of the conference and president of Mozaic Investor Relations, Inc. "The company presentations and individual investor meetings make it easier to gain those insights."
The event brings together Kentucky's most important public companies, regardless of size or industry. Past presenters include food and beverage companies Yum! Brands, Texas Roadhouse, Inc., Papa John's International and Brown-Forman Corporation; financial institutions such as Republic Bancorp, Stock Yards Bancorp and Community Trust Bancorp; health-related companies such as Humana and Kindred; and others from across the state. The 2015 company lineup is being set.
"I continue to hear, year after year, that attendees really value the opportunity to meet face-to-face with company leaders, and ask them exactly what they want," said McWilliams. "They also find it's a great way to network with business colleagues."
Kentucky Public Company of the Year to be Honored
The top performing Kentucky public company will be recognized at the conference banquet following the company equity presentations. The winning company and finalists will be selected from all Kentucky public companies by an independent group of investment and financial professionals from the CFA Society of Louisville and the Louisville chapter of Financial Executives International. The group will rank the best performing companies using a formula that examines a number of factors, including company growth as compared with industry peers and the overall market.
In addition to the CFA Society and FEI-Louisville, the conference is supported by a number of major firms that are involved with the investment industry or serve public and private companies.
"As the region's pre-eminent investment firm since 1854, Hilliard Lyons is pleased to be the lead sponsor in bringing this showcase event to Louisville and highlighting the public companies based in our state that have a regional, national and international reach," said Jim Allen, CEO of Hilliard Lyons.
The professional services firms Crowe Horwath LLP and Frost Brown Todd LLC are INVESTKentucky platinum sponsors.
"Crowe Horwath provides audit, tax, risk, advisory and performance services to public companies throughout the U.S., so we certainly understand the importance of consistent communication between companies and investors," said Jennifer Monaghan, a Partner for Crowe Horwath's Kentucky practice. "Crowe Horwath is excited to once again participate in this important conference which illustrates the success of Kentucky's public companies and helps investors interested in deploying capital understand opportunities available in the Commonwealth."
"INVESTKentucky has been an excellent platform for our public company clients to engage the investment community on a more in-depth level. We are pleased to support the program in Kentucky and surrounding states," said John R. Crockett III, Chairman, Frost Brown Todd LLC, a law firm serving public and private companies throughout the region.
The INVESTKentucky steering committee provides guidance and feedback to shape the conference. Its members are:
- Louis Lemos, CFA, past president, and Michael Casey, CFA, Secretary, CFA Society of Louisville.
- Melissa Fraser, President, Financial Executives International, Louisville chapter.
- James Allen, Chairman, Hilliard Lyons.
- Patrick Brown, CPA, Audit Senior Manager, and Sanford Fleck, Director, Crowe Horwath LLP.
- James Giesel, Attorney, Frost Brown Todd LLC.
- Mike Anderson, Vice President of Corporate Finance and Treasurer, Churchill Downs Incorporated.
- John Brown, Chief Financial Officer, Delta Natural Gas Company, Inc., Winchester.
- Jean R. Hale, Chairman, President and CEO, Community Trust Bancorp, Inc., Pikeville.
- Dan MacLean, Financial Advisor, Stock Yards Bancorp, Inc.
- Steve Marcum, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Citizens First Corporation, Bowling Green.
- Tonya Robinson, CPA, Director of IR & Financial Reporting, Texas Roadhouse, Inc.
- Kevin Sipes, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Republic Bancorp, Inc.
- Mary Pat Baird, Vice President - Client Solutions, Vivid Impact.
- Joy Barone, Marketing Manager, Americas, Mergermarket, New York.
- David Bingham, Audience Development Director, Business First of Louisville.
- John Bodell, Director, Business Development - Global Capital Markets, RR Donnelley, Columbus.
- Tom Breiner, Senior Vice President, Hays Companies of Indiana, Indianapolis.
- Marc Caccavale, Asset Management, North America, SS&C Technologies Inc., New York.
- Jeffrey Goldsmith, Senior Vice President, Curran & Connors, Inc., Chicago.
- T. Vernon Foster, Executive Director: MBA Programs, Career Management and Public Relations, College of Business, University of Louisville.
- Tuan Le, Managing Director, NASDAQ, Chicago.
- Sarah Provancher, President, ProCommunications, Inc.
INVESTKentucky is also supported by Gold sponsors NASDAQ, Hays Companies, RR Donnelley, the Wall Street Transcript, Mergermarket, Curran & Connors, ProCommunications, Vivid Impact, Wall Street Calendar, the University of Louisville College of Business (educational partner) and Business First of Louisville (media partner).
- Investment professionals who direct or advise pension and mutual funds, equity stock portfolios, family offices and institutional investment; analysts who rate or follow Kentucky public companies and their industries, attend as guests of the conference, as do members of the CFA Society of Louisville and FEI Louisville. (Registration is required; details are on the website).
- Business professionals (Cost and payment details are on the website).
Registration for the event includes all programming, continental breakfast, admission to the Kentucky Public Company of the Year banquet, and afternoon racing. Additionally, the public may purchase individual seats or tables to attend the Kentucky Public Company of the Year banquet. Ticket details will be available on the website a few weeks prior to the conference.
For the latest information about the conference, sponsors, participating companies and attendance requirements, visit the website at www.investky.com. Twitter: @INVEST_Confs #INVESTKentucky