DARIEN, Conn., Jan. 28, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- For epic Game Day feasting, add Jarlsberg ® Cheese to your game day spread. Game Day just wouldn't be the same without a table full of savory snacks and eats to tempt your friends and family. We all know that standard Game Day fare features cheesy-filled faves like dips, pizza, tacos and chili. Adding Jarlsberg® Cheese to your recipes takes the flavor factor to a whole new level. You might also consider adding a few slices to your favorite sandwich or sub. Sure to be a crowd pleaser, the distinctive taste of Jarlsberg® Cheese will leave your guests cheering for more. When it comes to feeding your guests, choose a winner like Jarlsberg® Cheese.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=30355
Jarlsberg® Cheese is available nationwide at grocery retailers and club stores in the specialty cheese case and is also available in pre-sliced packages, sliced at the deli counter.
"Millions of Americans traditionally gather around the TV to watch the Big Game. So whether you're hosting a party or attending as a guest, adding Jarlsberg® Cheese to your finger food fare, sandwiches and recipes, is sure to make your experience a winning one," says Deborah Seife, General Manager of Marketing.
For more great ideas, tips and information on Jarlsberg® Cheese visit us at www.jarlsbergusa.com and like us on Facebook.
Try these exciting recipes for your Super Bowl spread and you'll score big points for flavor and excitement at your festive celebration:
Ham, Apple, and Jarlsberg®Cheese Sliders on Pretzel Buns
- ¼ lb. sliced Jarlsberg®Cheese
- 1/3 lb. sliced black forest, or smoked ham
- 1 green apple, sliced thinly
- Dijon mustard
- Pretzel Slider Buns
1. Slice pretzel buns in half, and place on a baking sheet.
2. Top the bottom half with ham, one or two apple slices, and the sliced Jarlsberg® Cheese. Broil in the oven until the cheese is melted and the top half of the bun is toasted. Slather Dijon on the top half, and serve.
Slow-Cooked Jarlsberg® Cheese Shredded Beef Sandwiches
- 6 slices Jarlsberg® Cheese
- 2 lbs. chuck roast
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire
- 1 tsp steak seasoning
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Salt, pepper to taste
- 6 crusty sandwich rolls
1. Season the surface of the roast with the steak seasoning. In a heavy bottomed Dutch oven, sear the meat on all sides. Transfer the beef to a slow cooker. Add the beef stock and Worcestershire, and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Alternatively, cook in the oven at 220 degrees for 4 hours.
2. Remove the roast from the slow cooker or oven, and shred into large chunks. Place the shredded beef back into the slow cooker to keep warm.
3. Sauté green peppers and onions in butter over medium heat for about 5 minutes until they begin to soften. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Slice and toast the sandwich rolls. Place shredded beef, Jarlsberg® Cheese, onions and peppers on one side of the rolls. Place the sandwiches on a baking sheet, open faced to melt the cheese, and broil – watching closely to avoid burning.
CONTACT: Stacey Bender 973.744.0707 Stacey@bendergrouppr.com