- The total investment by APW1 will be above US$9.2 billion.
- Abengoa will hold a Market Update conference call on February 9th.
WASHINGTON, Feb. 3, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Abengoa (MCE:ABG.B/P SM) (Nasdaq:ABGB), the international company that applies innovative technology solutions for sustainability in the energy and environment sectors, announces that Abengoa and energy infrastructure investor EIG Global Energy Partners ("EIG"), are in advanced process of documentation and due diligence regarding an investment by EIG-managed investment funds, alongside Abengoa, in a portfolio of greenfield projects currently owned by Abengoa. Final closing, and the availability of EIG's investment, is expected to happen over the next 4 to 6 weeks.
As part of the transaction, a newly formed company, Abengoa Projects Warehouse 1 (APW1) will be created and will acquire a portfolio of selected Abengoa's projects under construction, including renewable and conventional power generation, power transmission and water management assets in different geographies including US, Mexico, Brazil and Chile.
The total investment amount to be managed by APW1 will be above US$9.2 billion, including both, non-recourse debt and equity. The total equity committed initially will be in the range of US$2.5 billion, of which 55% will be held by EIG, and the remaining 45% by Abengoa, which will deconsolidate these projects.
APW1 will sign the existing ROFO (Right of First Offer) agreement between Abengoa and Abengoa Yield (Nasdaq:ABY), reinforcing the growth opportunities for Abengoa Yield.
As part of the agreement, Abengoa and APW1 will sign a new ROFO agreement to allow APW1 to invest in new projects won by Abengoa in the future. The financing of those new projects will come either from new equity contribution, or from the reinvestment of the initial equity once the first set of projects are completed and sold, or by a combination of both. The objective of APW1 is, at least, to reinvest 100% of the initial equity in a second set of projects in the future, which if achieved will extend the APW1 activity over the next 8 years approximately, and will add another US$6 to 7 billion of projects value on top of the initial US$9.2 billion.
Abengoa's vice chairman and CEO, Manuel Sanchez, and Co-CFO for IR and Capital Markets, Ignacio García-Alvear, will hold a conference call on Monday, February 9, 2015, which will be simultaneously webcast, at 6:00 pm Madrid time, 12:00 pm New York time, during which it will be reviewed the latest progress of the company, its implications for the future, a sneak peek into the 2014 performance and outlook for 2015, ahead of the 2014 earnings conference call to be held on February 23, 2015 at 6:00 pm Madrid time, 12:00 New York time.
In order to access the conference call on February 9, 2015, participants should dial: +34 91 789 51 29. A live webcast of the conference call will be available on Abengoa's corporate website. Please visit the website at least 15 minutes earlier in order to register for the live webcast and download any necessary audio software.
Abengoa and EIG have maintained a successful relationship since 2007 when EIG co-invested with Abengoa for the development of an ethanol plant in France. EIG is a leading specialist investor in energy and energy-related infrastructure based in Washington, DC with approximately US$15 billion under management.
Abengoa (MCE:ABG.B/P SM) (Nasdaq:ABGB) applies innovative technology solutions for sustainability in the energy and environment sectors, generating electricity from renewable resources, converting biomass into biofuels and producing drinking water from sea water. (www.abengoa.com)
CONTACT: Communication Department: Patricia Malo de Molina Melendez Tel. +34 954 93 71 11 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Investor relations: Ignacio Garcia Alvear Tel. +34 954 93 71 11 E-mail: email@example.comSource:Abengoa