BURLINGTON, Mass., Feb. 4, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avid® (Nasdaq: AVID) today congratulated the professional video editing community on their achievements at the 65th annual American Cinema Editors Eddie Awards held in Los Angeles on January 30. Many of the award winners and nominees embraced Avid EverywhereTM using the Avid Artist Suite's Media Composer® | Software, to bring the director's vision to life.
Avid editors who took home awards on the night include Sandra Adair for Best Edited Feature Film (Dramatic) Boyhood, Barney Pilling for Best Edited Feature Film (Comedy or Musical) Grand Budapest Hotel, Mathilde Bonnefoy for Best Edited Documentary (Feature) Citizenfour, Erik Ewers for Best Edited Documentary (Television) The Roosevelts: An Intimate History: Episode 3 / The Fire of Life, and Hunter Gross for Best Edited Non-Scripted Series Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown: Iran.
"We're honored that the world's most esteemed editors have embraced Avid Everywhere and continue to trust in the industry's preeminent editing solution to bring the most compelling stories to our screens," said Avid Chairman, President and CEO Louis Hernandez Jr. "We congratulate our customers on their achievements, and look forward to empowering their creativity for many years to come."
Eddie Award winners and nominees relied on Media Composer | Software to create:
- Best Edited Feature Film (Dramatic):
- American Sniper (Joel Cox, ACE & Gary Roach, ACE)
- Boyhood (Sandra Adair, ACE) - WINNER
- The Imitation Game (William Goldenberg, ACE)
- Nightcrawler (John Gilroy, ACE)
- Whiplash (Tom Cross)
- Best Edited Feature Film (Comedy or Musical):
- Birdman (Douglas Crise & Stephen Mirrione, ACE)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (Fred Raskin, Hughes Winborne, ACE & Craig Wood, ACE)
- Into The Woods (Wyatt Smith)
- Grand Budapest Hotel (Barney Pilling) - WINNER
- Best Edited Animated Feature Film:
- Big Hero 6 (Tim Mertens)
- The Boxtrolls (Edie Ichioka, ACE)
- Best Edited Documentary (Feature):
- Citizenfour (Mathilde Bonnefoy) - WINNER
- Best Edited Documentary (Television):
- The Roosevelts: An Intimate History: Episode 3 / The Fire of Life (Erik Ewers) - WINNER
- Best Edited Half-Hour Series For Television:
- Transparent: Pilot (Catherine Haight)
- Best Edited One-Hour Series For Commercial Television:
- Mad Men: Waterloo (Christopher Gay)
- The Good Wife: A Few Words (Scott Vickrey, ACE)
- Best Edited Miniseries Or Motion Picture For Television:
- Fargo: Buridan's Ass (Regis Kimble)
- Best Edited Non-Scripted Series:
- Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown: Iran (Hunter Gross) - WINNER
- Deadliest Catch: Lost At Sea (Josh Earl, ACE & Johnny Bishop)
Through Avid Everywhere™, Avid delivers the industry's most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption for the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world—from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, and television shows, to live concerts and news broadcasts. Industry leading solutions include Pro Tools®, Media Composer®, ISIS®, Interplay®, and Sibelius®. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, or subscribe to Avid Blogs.
© 2015 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Avid, the Avid logo, Avid Everywhere, iNEWS, Interplay, ISIS, AirSpeed, Media Composer, Pro Tools, and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. The Interplay name is used with the permission of the Interplay Entertainment Corp. which bears no responsibility for Avid products. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
CONTACT: PR Contacts: Sara Griggs Avid firstname.lastname@example.org 310-821-0801
Source:Avid Technology, Inc.