FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., Feb. 12, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Offering more routes within Florida and between Florida and the Bahamas than any other airline, Silver Airways is further cementing its position as the airline of choice for business and leisure travel within the Sunshine State and to the Bahamas with a variety of new routes that start today.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=30728
"We are proud to be the airline of choice for travel throughout the Sunshine State and the Bahamas, and we're happy to see that both business and leisure travelers are taking advantage of our new convenient intra-Florida and Bahamas flights," said Silver Airways CEO Sami Teittinen.
Just in time for the legislative session, Silver has started additional frequencies between Tallahassee and key business markets throughout the State of Florida, including Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Tampa and Palm Beach, including:
- Four new weekly nonstop flights between Fort Lauderdale and Tallahassee on the peak travel days of Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays. The improved schedule also provides one-stop same-plane service via Tampa each business day, as well as convenient connections via Orlando.
- Doubled service (from one flight per day to two) between Orlando and Tallahassee. The improved schedule includes flight times that are ideal for same-day business travel.
- Improved connections between Key West and Tallahassee, and between Palm Beach and Tallahassee;
Silver Airways' new intra-Florida schedule also includes:
- Additional frequencies between Fort Lauderdale and Tampa – increased from four to five flights per day on weekdays;
- Additional frequencies between Fort Lauderdale and Jacksonville – increased from three to four flights per day on weekdays;
- And Silver's new increased intra-Florida schedules offer the most nonstop flights from Fort Lauderdale to primary business centers in Orlando and Jacksonville than any other airline.
Travelers are also taking advantage of Silver's new routes that start this weekend between Florida and the Bahamas, including:
- Two new weekly nonstop flights between Tampa and Marsh Harbour (Abaco) on Saturdays and Sundays. In addition to the new nonstop service, daily one-stop connecting flights are also available.
- New weekly nonstop flight on Saturdays between Orlando and North Eleuthera.
- One new weekly nonstop flight on Saturdays between Orlando and Freeport in Grand Bahama.
- Resumed seasonal service between Fort Lauderdale and Governors Harbour in Eleuthera with three weekly flights (Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays).
- Resumed service between Fort Lauderdale and George Town on Great Exuma Island with five weekly flights (every day except Mondays and Thursdays).
- Resumed service between Orlando and Marsh Harbour in the Abacos with daily service.
- Resumed service between Jacksonville and Marsh Harbour in the Abacos with two weekly flights on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Silver Airways also added more flights for the peak travel season between Fort Lauderdale and Bimini, Freeport, Marsh Harbour, North Eleuthera, and Treasure Cay, as well as between Palm Beach and Marsh Harbour.
(Silver Airways operates more routes within Florida and between Florida and the Bahamas than any other airline, as well as Mid-Atlantic flights from Washington, D.C.-Dulles.)
Silver's connections offer the ease and convenience of seamless booking, ticketing and baggage handling with connections to dozens of destinations that are available via the airline's codeshare with United Airlines and interline ticketing partnerships with American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue, US Airways, Bahamasair, Hahn Air and All Nippon Airways.
Members of United's MileagePlus® and JetBlue's TrueBlue customer loyalty programs can also earn frequent flyer awards for travel throughout Silver's Florida network.
About Silver Airways
As the airline of choice for Florida and the Bahamas, Silver Airways operates more routes within Florida and between Florida and the Bahamas than any other airline. The airline averages over 130 daily flights to 28 destinations in Florida and the Bahamas, as well as the Mid-Atlantic region from Washington-Dulles. Silver is a codeshare partner with United Airlines and has interline agreements with American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue, US Airways, Alaska Airlines, Bahamasair, Hahn Air, and All Nippon Airways. Silver's fleet is comprised of 27 highly reliable and fuel-efficient 34-seat Saab 340B Plus turbo-prop aircraft. With the lowest accident rate of any other commercial aircraft, Saab is the safest in the world. Silver is privately owned by Victory Park Capital, a Chicago-based investment firm that launched the airline in May 2011. Visit Silver Airways at silverairways.com.
The photo is also available via AP PhotoExpress.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Misty Pinson Director of Public Relations and Communications 954-494-7761 firstname.lastname@example.org