I noted on Thursday the S&P 500 had broken out of the trading range it had been stuck in all year and is only two points away from its historic closing high of 2,090 it hit at the end of December.
The NASDAQ is also at a 15-year high.
Whether it's better earnings, or hope for a Greek deal, or a truce in the Ukraine, or oil over $50, there has definitely been a "growth bid" to big-cap U.S. stocks this week, while more defensive names like Utilities, Telecom and Healthcare are lagging.
Here are some sectors that are up this week:
- Technology: Up 3.5 percent
- Materials: Up 2.1 percent
- Consumer Discretionary: Up 2.1 percent
- Financials: Up 1.3 percent
- Industrials: Up 1.1 percent