LAS VEGAS, Feb. 18, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Covisint Corporation (Nasdaq:COVS), provider of a B2B Cloud Platform that ensures trusted information gets where it needs to go securely and seamlessly, today announced that its chief security officer, David Miller, will present at the IBM InterConnect 2015 Conference and will discuss how connectivity is achieved with one of the biggest items in the Internet of Things (IoT) – the vehicle. The conference takes place February 22-26 at the MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.
During the session, Miller will pose and address topics such as:
- Managing identity and access not only to the vehicle, but also other "things" connected to the vehicle owner – including mobile devices; smart watches; smart household systems and appliances; the roads and infrastructure; other vehicles, and more.
- Increasing loyalty by improving the connected owner experience – allowing them to connect seamlessly to all the partners involved in the ownership experience: manufacturer, dealer, finance company, insurance company, and more.
- Improving compatibility for all of the various mobile devices with increasing connected vehicle models.
As one of the early pioneers in the cloud and IoT, Covisint has long been at the forefront of helping customers and business partners embrace the larger automotive ecosystem and enable a better experience for vehicle owners. The ability for car manufacturers to connect owners to their world will continue to proliferate as IoT grows and ushers in a new dimension of vehicle connectivity, which allows the driver to increase the efficiency of time spent in the vehicle while providing increased safety, security and connectivity to the world around them. With the Covisint platform, automobile manufacturers have the ability to leverage a common cloud platform, bringing compelling new capabilities to market faster, easier and more cost effectively, and ultimately driving new customer acquisition.
"With more than 50 billion connected devices by 2020, the automotive industry has a monumental opportunity to place the vehicle at the center of the Internet of Things," said David Miller, chief security officer, Covisint. "Our goal is to ensure that the wide range of devices in the IoT ecosystem are able to seamlessly integrate with the vehicle, in order to deliver a streamlined, optimal customer experience. In tandem, we're focused on helping deliver technology that can safeguard and protect vehicle owners' identities as they increasingly move into the era of the connected vehicle."
- Session: "Welcome to the Internet of Cars: Covisint and Hyundai's Connected Vehicle Story"
- Presenter: David Miller, chief security officer, Covisint
- Where: Mandalay Bay – South Pacific Ballroom E, 3950 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89119
- When: 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. PT, Monday, February 23, 2015
IBM InterConnect 2015 is the premier cloud and mobile conference. In today's digital economy, the impact of Cloud, Mobile, Dev Ops and Security on business is pervasive. By incorporating three dynamic IBM conferences – Impact, Innovate and Pulse – into one, InterConnect has become a highly comprehensive and collaborative event. Register for this year's conference here: https://www-950.ibm.com/events/wwe/interconnect/ic2015reg.nsf/reg
About Covisint Corporation
Covisint provides a single entry point for business partners, customers and employees to connect with enterprises that ensures trusted information gets to the right people and place at the right time. Covisint's B2B Cloud Platform enables solutions that allow enterprises and industries to solve complex information and user management challenges across Business-to-Partner (B2P), Business-to-Customer (B2C) and Business-to-Enterprise (B2E) relationships. Today, Covisint powers, secures and connects more than 212,000 business partners and customers to some of the world's leading global enterprises across multiple industries. Learn more at www.covisint.com.
Follow us:email@example.com For Sales and Marketing Information Covisint Corporation, One Campus Martius, Suite 700, Detroit, MI 48226, 313-961-4100, http://www.covisint.com