- ExOne targets printable materials to customers developing products but not requiring company's post-processing services
- Printable materials differ from qualified materials in that ExOne does not yet offer them for finished products printed at its PSCs
NORTH HUNTINGDON, Pa., Feb. 18, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The ExOne Company (Nasdaq:XONE), a global provider of three-dimensional printing machines and printed products to industrial customers, announced today that six additional materials are now printable in the company's printing systems: Cobalt-Chrome, IN Alloy 718, Iron-Chrome-Aluminum, 17-4 Stainless Steel, 316 Stainless Steel and Tungsten Carbide. Using ExOne's printing systems – including the M-Flex™ and recently introduced Innovent™ – customers interested in 3D printing materials for their own product development are afforded the opportunity to utilize the wide variety of new materials, each offering unique properties and uses.
"ExOne developed the latest printable materials for our binder jetting process as a result of our expanding customer development programs," said Rick Lucas, ExOne's Chief Technology Officer. "Utilization of these materials in ExOne's machines will allow our customers to advance our binder jetting applications with their technologies. The diversity of this group of printable materials demonstrates the breadth of industries that ExOne touches, including the aerospace, automotive, energy, foundry and medical markets – broadening our addressable market."
The expansion of materials capable of printing in ExOne's systems now includes:
- Cobalt-Chrome (Co-Cr): Traditionally used in various fields where high wear-resistance is needed, including aerospace, cutlery, bearings and blades, Cobalt-Chrome alloy has recently received more attention for medical applications due to excellent resistant properties, high melting points and incredible strength at high temperatures.
- IN Alloy 718: Commonly used for components in the aerospace, chemical and energy markets, with applications including gas turbine blades, filtration and separation, heat exchanger and molding processes, the alloy is desirable due to its oxidation and corrosion-resistant qualities, able to retain its strength even when subjected to extreme environments.
- Iron-Chrome-Aluminum (FeCrAl): Offering superior properties as compared to the other alloys, Iron-Chrome-Aluminum alloys are widely used in electrical furnace, electrical oven, home appliance, electrical heater and infrared settings.
- 17-4 Stainless Steel and 316 Stainless Steel: 17-4 and 316 Stainless Steel both have broad applications in the automotive, medical and general industry markets, used to produce a range of products, including surgical tools, metallic filters, pumps, impellers and structural automotive parts. Both grades are known for their excellent mechanical and corrosion resistance properties and cost-effectiveness.
- Tungsten Carbide (WC): One of the hardest carbides with a melting point of 2770°C, Tungsten Carbide is mainly used in the production of high wear-resistant abrasives, carbide cutting tools (knives, drills and circular saws), and milling and turning tools used by the metalworking, woodworking, mining, petroleum and construction industries.
ExOne generally qualifies materials for production printing through customer partnerships at one of its research and development centers or in its eight worldwide production service centers (PSC). The company has previously qualified the following direct printed materials:
420 Stainless Steel infiltrated with Bronze; 316 Stainless Steel infiltrated with Bronze; Iron infiltrated with Bronze; IN Alloy 625; Bronze; Bonded Tungsten and Glass. The Company has also qualified Silica Sand and Ceramic Sand for indirect printing.
These qualified materials are distinguishable from printable materials in that they are commercially available for sale in industrial densities or for finished products printed at an ExOne PSC. ExOne manufactures and sells direct and indirect printing systems as well as printable and qualified materials, binder, cleaner and other consumables for use in its machines.
For more information on ExOne and its binder jetting 3D printing technology, visit: www.exone.com.
ExOne is a global provider of 3D printing machines and printed products, materials and other services to industrial customers. ExOne's business primarily consists of manufacturing and selling 3D printing machines and printing products to specification for its customers using its in-house 3D printing machines. ExOne offers pre-production collaboration and print products for customers through its eight PSCs, which are located in the United States, Germany, Italy and Japan. ExOne builds 3D printing machines at its facilities in the United States and Germany. ExOne also supplies the associated materials, including consumables and replacement parts, and other services, including training and technical support, necessary for purchasers of its machines to print products.
Safe Harbor Regarding Forward Looking Statements
This news release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended.
Forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties and assumptions and are identified by words such as "expects," "estimates," "projects," "typically," "anticipates," "believes," "appears," "could," "plan," and other similar words. Such statements include, but are not limited to, statements concerning future revenue and earnings, involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause the actual results of the Company to differ materially from the results expressed or implied by such statements, which include our ability to qualify more materials in which we can print; the availability of skilled personnel; the impact of increased operating expenses and expenses relating to proposed acquisitions, investments and alliances; our strategy, including the expansion and growth of our operations; the impact of loss of key management; our plans regarding increased international operations in additional international locations; sufficiency of funds for required capital expenditures, working capital, and debt service; the adequacy of sources of liquidity; expectations regarding demand for our industrial products, operating revenues, operating and maintenance expenses, insurance expenses and deductibles, interest expenses, debt levels, and other matters with regard to outlook; demand for aerospace, automotive, heavy equipment, energy/oil/gas and other industrial products; the scope, nature or impact of acquisitions, alliances and strategic investments and our ability to integrate acquisitions and strategic investments; liabilities under laws and regulations protecting the environment; the impact of governmental laws and regulations; operating hazards, war, terrorism and cancellation or unavailability of insurance coverage; the effect of litigation and contingencies; the impact of disruption of our manufacturing facilities or PSCs; the adequacy of our protection of our intellectual property; material weaknesses in our internal control over financial reporting and other factors disclosed in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K and other periodic reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Because they are forward-looking, these statements should be evaluated in light of important risk factors and uncertainties.
Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should any of ExOne's underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those currently anticipated. The Company disclaims any obligation to update or publicly announce any revisions to any of the forward-looking statements contained in this news release.
CONTACT: Media: Justin Falce Burson-Marsteller (412) 394-6698 email@example.com Investors: Brian W. Smith ExOne, Chief Financial Officer (724) 765-1350 firstname.lastname@example.org Deborah K. Pawlowski/Karen L. Howard Kei Advisors LLC (716) 843-3908 / (716) 843-3942 email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Source:The ExOne Company