TORONTO, Feb. 20, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Canadian Plastics Industry Association's (CPIA) Plastics Industry Leadership Awards recognize outstanding individuals and businesses for their commitment and dedication to the growth and sustainability of the Canadian plastics industry.
"We are proud, once again, to present this opportunity to recognize and celebrate outstanding individuals and companies for their contributions to the plastics industry in Canada." said Carol Hochu, President and CEO of CPIA.
Award categories are as follows:
Leader of the Year Award
- Individuals who are widely recognized as having made important contributions to their businesses, to their communities and to the Canadian plastics industry.
- They currently own or manage successful and innovative businesses in the plastics sector.
- They have continually used their knowledge and influence to improve the competitive and environmental performance of this industry and are a CPIA member.
- In addition, they contribute their time and resources to community and other organizations dedicated to society-building.
- Individuals who contribute their time, energy and expertise to improving the competitive and environmental performance of the Canadian plastics industry.
- Typically, nominees have been active volunteers in association and industry committees, boards and task groups.
- Nominees are recognized by their peers as having made a positive contribution to the health of the industry either through teamwork or leadership or both.
Lifetime Achievement Award
- Individuals who have made outstanding achievements and contributed enduring legacies to the Canadian Plastics Industry and to the community at large.
- Nominees are widely recognized as industry leaders and builders perhaps now drawing to a close an illustrious career, or moving onto a new set of challenges and opportunities.
- Individuals or organizations who have contributed to the advancement of the Canadian plastics industry in the areas of materials, products, process/technology, or marketing/communications.
- Nominees may be in industry, academia, government or non-profit organizations.
- Individuals or organizations who have contributed to the sustainability of the Canadian plastics industry in an environmental, social or economic manner, including post-use plastics recovery.
- Nominee's contributions could be for efforts related to sustainability in recycling or for products or packaging that has been produced in Canada and contains at least 20% post-use plastics collected for recycling.
- Nominees may be recyclers, brand owners manufacturing consumer, commercial, industrial and institutional products, retailers manufacturing their own branded products or plastic companies manufacturing plastic products or plastic packaging.
Anyone can submit a nomination and nominees can be from within your own organization. Nominations can be made online at http://www.plastics.ca/AboutCPIA/Awards/index.php.
The awards will be presented at CPIA's Plastics Industry Leadership Awards Dinner Celebration on June 15, 2015 in Toronto, Ontario.
The Canadian Plastics Industry Association is the national voice of Canada's plastics industry, representing the interests of processors, material suppliers, equipment manufacturers and brand owners across the country.
CONTACT: Darlene Gray Canadian Plastics Industry Association 905.678.7748 ext. 239
Source:Canadian Plastics Industry Association