NEW YORK, Feb. 25, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Private Equity & Venture Capital Club, a student club at Columbia Business School, will host its 21st annual conference at the Waldorf Astoria on March 6, 2015. Tickets have officially been made available to industry professionals and are available, here.
Bringing together more than 500 people, evenly split between industry leaders and students every year, the Columbia Business School Private Equity & Venture Capital Conference has quickly become the industry's pinnacle platform for discourse on private sector investments. The 2015 event, "Evolving Strategies in a New Era of Investing," will continue to elevate the PE/VC dialogue with a unique line-up of conversations.
With keynote talks from Thrive Capital's Josh Kushner, KKR's Alexander Navab, and Vista Equity Partners' Robert F. Smith '94, the day's conversations will include:
- Neal Costello '08, Senior Principal, CPPIB
- Bob Goodman '86, Partner, Bessemer Venture Partners
- Hilary Gosher, Managing Director, Insight Venture Partners
- Mark Hallock '82, Partner, M2O Private Fund Advisors
- Nick Hartman, Operating Executive in the Operational Excellence Group, Apax Partners
- David Kim, Partner and Co-Head of Investor Relations, Apax Partners
- Chris Kirsten '82, Managing Director, Moelis & Company
- Paul S. Levy, Managing Director, JLL Partners
- Jeffrey Mizrahi '09, Partner, Sand Oak Capital
- Dan O'Keefe, General Partner, TCV
- Brian Rich '87, Managing Partner and Co-Founder, Catalyst Investors
- Mike Rogers, Partner, Ernst & Young
- Douglas Ryder, Partner, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Laura B. Sachar '91, General Partner and Co-Founder, StarVest Partners
- Ian Sigalow '06, Co-Founder and Partner, Greycroft Partners
- Justin Stevens, Partner, Apollo Global Management
- Bill Toler, CEO and President, Hostess Brands LLC
- Bess Weatherman, Managing Director, Warburg Pincus
- Ellie Wheeler, Principal, Greycroft Partners
- Alisa A. Wood '08, Member, Client and Partner Group, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.
- Ed Zimmerman, Partner & Chair, Tech Group, Lowenstein Sandler
"Today's Columbia Business School graduates are taking on a new role in the Private Equity landscape, and it's one that I've had the opportunity to follow as both a mentor and employer," said Robert F. Smith '94, Founder, Chairman and CEO of Vista Equity Partners. "I'm looking forward to the opportunity to engage with the next generation of PE and VC professionals at Columbia's conference this year."
"We are honored to present the 21st annual conference," says Patrick Garstin, Columbia Business School '15 and Co-President of the school's PE/VC Club. "Our conference team worked extremely hard to bring together some of the most important and relevant voices in private equity and venture capital to share their insight. We think the Waldorf offers a perfect location in the heart of midtown to provide access for the industry's busiest. We are very much looking forward to hearing from some of today's most important dealmakers."
About the Private Equity & Venture Club at Columbia Business School
The Private Equity & Venture Capital Club is a student club at Columbia Business School dedicated to providing opportunities for MBA students to learn about the PE & VC industries, enhance career opportunities, network with industry professionals, and engage with like-minded students. Recognized by The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and many others, the renowned PE/VC conference unites hundreds of industry leaders and students for a full-day of dialogues about the future of investment strategy.
CONTACT: Meghan Cross, MCross15@gsb.columbia.edu
Source:Columbia Business School