- Comverse and Zebra Technologies will showcase a unique Internet of Things (IoT) monetization use case in the Open Mobile Alliance booth (Stand K52) during Mobile World Congress 2015.
- The partnership will extend Rich Communication Services (RCS) into the fast- growing IoT market, allowing service providers to tap into the tremendous revenue potential generated by IoT.
- Together, the Comverse RCS API Gateway and Zebra's Zatar IoT platform spotlight how service providers can improve the way enterprises interact in their work, field or industry plants from their mobile devices, enabled by operator APIs provided to consumers and enterprises.
WAKEFIELD, Mass., Feb. 25, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Comverse (Nasdaq:CNSI), a global leader in cloud-based and in-network services enablement and monetization software solutions for communication service providers and growing enterprises, along with Zebra Technologies Corporation (Nasdaq:ZBRA), a global leader in products and services that provide real-time visibility into organizations' assets, people and transactions, will be showcasing a unique Internet of Things (IoT) monetization use case during Mobile World Congress 2015.
According to multiple industry sources, the IoT market is predicted to grow exponentially over the next few years, with roughly 9 billion devices (from automobiles to home thermostats) expected to be connected to the Internet by 2018. As the economic value of the IoT industry increases, there are new opportunities for service providers to deliver IoT solutions. Comverse and Zebra Technologies have partnered to expand their IoT offering for customers.
The use case presentation at Mobile World Congress 2015 – March 2-5 in Barcelona – will spotlight Comverse's RCS API Gateway and its ability to use IoT for mobile operators to better monetize assets. Together, the Comverse RCS API Gateway and Zebra's Zatar IoT platform will empower service providers to work remotely from their mobile devices enabled by the solution.
Benefits of the Comverse/Zebra IoT use case include:
- Consumers and enterprises can easily access devices and communicate as if they are talking with a live person.
- Operators remove third parties from the equation and create direct relationships with subscribers; operators also compete effectively in the IoT ecosystem and generate new revenue sources.
- Operators easily build standards-based IoT applications using the Zatar IoT platform.
- Operators offer new services via the RCS API Gateway to build more subscriber uptake, and IoT providers can easily integrate with operators via Comverse's RCS API Gateway.
"Service providers that delay developing a strategy to address their subscribers' Internet of Things demands risk falling so far behind the competition that it would be difficult to catch up," said Adolfo Masini, Senior Vice President, Managing Director for Digital Services at Comverse. "The market for Internet of Things solutions is here and offers an unprecedented opportunity for service providers to take a leadership position and differentiate and monetize their businesses. The API-ficiation of the market is happening and Comverse is pleased to offer a range of innovative Digital Services solutions to help our customers make their Internet of Things vision a reality."
"We are very excited to showcase our powerful Zatar IoT platform alongside Comverse at Mobile World Congress 2015," said Philip Gerskovich, senior vice president, New Growth Platforms, Zebra Technologies. "At Zebra, we believe mobility is a key success factor for IoT, and we aim to help customers empower their mobile workforces with tools optimized to easily capture critical information as well as make data accessible to the people that run the operations."
Learn more about Comverse Digital Services at http://www.comverse.com/comverse-products/digital-services/.
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra (Nasdaq:ZBRA) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces. For more information, visit www.zebra.com/possibilities.
Comverse provides true carrier-grade cloud-based and in-network monetization and revenue management software solutions that help global carriers and growing enterprises profitably enable the way people obtain and share digital experiences, today and tomorrow. We support digital lifestyles through a suite of proven and flexible solutions that includes managed BSS and Policy (PCRF), Enterprise and Cloud Billing, and Digital Services, all guided by an experienced Managed Services offering, that ensure our customers gain competitive advantage. Comverse's customer base spans more than 125 countries with solutions successfully delivered to over 450 communication service providers and enterprises serving more than two billion subscribers. For more information, visit www.comverse.com.
Statements included or incorporated by reference in this press release may contain "forward-looking statements." There can be no assurance that any forward-looking statements will be achieved, and actual results could differ materially from forecasts and estimates. Important factors that could affect the company include the risks described in the section entitled "Forward-Looking Statements" Item 1A, "Risk Factors" and elsewhere in the company's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the SEC on April 16, 2014 or in subsequently filed periodic, current or other reports. The company undertakes no commitment to update or revise forward-looking statements except as required by law.