ST. LOUIS, Feb. 25, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Amdocs (Nasdaq:DOX), the leading provider of customer experience solutions, today released new independent research that explores the market forces driving The New World of Customer Experience, a world characterized by a rapidly changing competitive landscape and the ongoing need to compete by delivering a superior customer experience. The research shows that despite the competitive challenges from over-the-top (OTT) players, the vast majority of consumers still favor "traditional" service providers. However, while customers value their service providers' customer experience, network quality and brand reputation, churn remains high within the industry.
The Amdocs Customer Experience Spotlight 2015, an independent research study conducted by IE Market Research (IEMR) on behalf of Amdocs, highlights the importance of providing a superior customer experience in order to retain as well as attract new customers, such as including a carrier-grade Wi-Fi strategy to combat the threat of emerging players in the mobile market and offering multi-play bundles to win market share. The global survey was conducted among 8,450 consumers in 17 countries.
Key findings include:
- Churn persists within service provider industry: While 63 percent of respondents stated they would recommend their service provider, citing customer care/experience (89 percent) and high-quality Internet connection and coverage (59 percent) as the top reasons for their endorsement, 50 percent of respondents said they had been with their current service provider for less than a year.
- Customers prefer "traditional" service providers: 80 percent of respondents would not consider switching to OTT disruptors if these players offered mobile connectivity. The top reasons were: privacy & security issues, lack of trust and potential network quality issues. Global variations were significant – the majority of APAC and emerging markets were more likely to consider OTT disruptor services, while mature markets in Europe and North America proved more loyal.
- Customers desire innovative and new personalized services: More than half of the respondents stated that they would switch mobile subscription plans for a plan that included additional communication services (e.g. home, Internet, TV) with almost the same number of respondents saying they would switch if they were able to choose the bundle components.
- The multi-play opportunity remains unclaimed: Although more than half (52 percent) of respondents subscribe to four services (broadband, TV, mobile, fixed line), only 1 percent has a single quad-play provider. Triple-play penetration was also low (9 percent).
- Carrier-grade Wi-Fi will drive loyalty: Among the 62 percent of respondents with a mobile Internet plan, 71 percent use Wi-Fi more frequently than their mobile connection.
"With changing customer expectations and the ever-increasing threat of disruptive competitors, service providers are required to adopt a new strategy by taking a multidimensional view of customer experience," said Chris Williams, head of global marketing at Amdocs. "By leveraging their customer experience strengths and exciting customers with innovative, personalized and multi-play bundles, as well as shaping the quality of network experience through real-time network visibility and control carrier-grade Wi-Fi strategies, service providers have a tremendous opportunity to lead in The New World of Customer Experience."
- Meet with Amdocs at Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, March 2-5, 2015 – Hall 3, Booth 3G10
- Register for Amdocs Insight Theater sessions at Mobile World Congress next week
- Learn more about Amdocs' Customer Experience, Big Data Analytics and Network solutions
- Keep up with Amdocs news by visiting the company's website
- Subscribe to Amdocs' RSS Feed and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and YouTube
For more than 30 years, Amdocs has ensured service providers' success and embraced their biggest challenges. To win in the connected world, service providers rely on Amdocs to simplify the customer experience, harness the data explosion, stay ahead with new services and improve operational efficiency. The global company uniquely combines a market-leading BSS, OSS and network control and optimization product portfolio with value-driven professional services and managed services operations. With revenue of $3.6 billion in fiscal 2014, Amdocs and its more than 22,000 employees serve customers in over 80 countries.
Amdocs: Embrace Challenge, Experience Success.
For more information, visit Amdocs at www.amdocs.com
Amdocs' Forward-Looking Statement
This press release includes information that constitutes forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provision of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements about Amdocs' growth and business results in future quarters. Although we believe the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions, we can give no assurance that our expectations will be obtained or that any deviations will not be material. Such statements involve risks and uncertainties that may cause future results to differ from those anticipated. These risks include, but are not limited to, the effects of general economic conditions, Amdocs' ability to grow in the business markets that it serves, Amdocs' ability to successfully integrate acquired businesses, adverse effects of market competition, rapid technological shifts that may render the Company's products and services obsolete, potential loss of a major customer, our ability to develop long-term relationships with our customers, and risks associated with operating businesses in the international market. Amdocs may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future; however, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These and other risks are discussed at greater length in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including in our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2014 filed on December 8, 2014 and our quarterly 6-K form furnished on February 9, 2015.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Sara Preto Fusion PR for Amdocs Tel: +1-212-651-4214 E-Mail: email@example.com