WILMINGTON, Del., Feb. 26, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- InterDigital, Inc. (Nasdaq:IDCC), a mobile technology research and development company, today announced that it will demonstrate some of its latest innovations and ideas at Mobile World Congress, the industry's premier conference, from March 2-5, 2015 in Barcelona. The demos will include two world's firsts, in line with the company's long history of groundbreaking mobile technology development.
The company's presence at MWC 2015 will showcase a suite of advanced wireless technologies and emerging industry standards that help to enable more efficient wireless networks, a richer multimedia experience and new mobile broadband capabilities. In terms of product and technology demonstrations:
- The company will feature the world's first live demo of a WiGig-based millimeter-wave mesh backhaul solution, designed to make wireless backhaul simpler, easier to deploy and more reliable. Using a standards-based approach, the EdgeHaul™ solution provides Gigabit-per-second small cell backhaul using millimeter wave spectrum (60GHz).
- InterDigital will also feature its oneM2M-compliant Software Development Platform, which was premiered as a first-of-its-kind public demo at conferences in France and South Korea late last year. The demo at MWC will feature a Continua-compliant remote healthcare monitoring solution as well as their vision for wireless communications and 5G focused research and development.
- The company will feature its Smart Access Manager application installed on 4 devices. Each device will demonstrate a specific operator feature related to dynamic policy, application-based traffic management and analytics, Wi-Fi monetization and network selection as well as policy enforcement for iOS devices. SAM will be featured in separate demonstrations with Redknee and Alcatel Lucent at MWC.
- The company will also demonstrate its unique Perceptual Pre-Processing solution, which pro-actively filters out parts of visual content that the human eye cannot see under certain viewing conditions. The technology, which is not a compression technology and thus can work alone or be combined with compression solutions, achieves significant bandwidth savings in streaming high-definition and 4K video.
- InterDigital's two commercial initiatives, XCellAir and wot.io, will also feature their technologies at the InterDigital booth. XCellAir will demo a cloud-based management and optimization system for multi-vendor HetNets, and wot.io will feature a smart city transportation demo based on the wot.io data service exchange and IoT-X, the unified access connectivity environment by Stream Technologies.
In addition to demonstrations, InterDigital will be a gold sponsor at the executive luncheon presented by FierceWireless, titled "The Path to 5G: Defining the Next-Generation of Wireless Networks" and featuring a dynamic panel of industry executives. Alan Carlton, Senior Director, InterDigital Labs group, will represent InterDigital in the panel discussion on March 3, 2015 from 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. CET at the Fira Congress Hotel in Barcelona.
Please feel free to visit InterDigital's demonstrations at Hall 7, Stand 7A71.
InterDigital develops technologies that are at the core of mobile devices, networks, and services worldwide. We solve many of the industry's most critical and complex technical challenges, inventing solutions for more efficient broadband networks and a richer multimedia experience years ahead of market deployment. InterDigital has licenses and strategic relationships with many of the world's leading wireless companies. Founded in 1972, InterDigital is listed on NASDAQ and is included in the S&P MidCap 400® index.
InterDigital is a registered trademark of InterDigital, Inc.
For more information, visit: www.interdigital.com.
CONTACT: Patrick Van de Wille Email: firstname.lastname@example.org +1 (858) 210-4814