San Francisco, California, Feb. 27, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The global TPU films market is expected to reach USD 724.6 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Automotive applications dominated the TPU films market, with demand estimated at 11,622.1 tons in 2013. Increasing use of TPU films in automotive applications such as paint protection, scratch protection, anti-chipping and rear bumper protection coupled with growing after sales market is expected to fuel market growth.
Access in-depth research report on Global Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) Films Market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/tpu-films-industry
Asia Pacific emerged as the largest regional TPU films market, with demand estimated at 16,299 tons in 2013. Growth of automotive industry coupled with increasing application of TPU films in sports goods and construction is expected to drive the market growth over the next six years, at an estimated CAGR of 7.8% from 2014 to 2020. Furthermore, lower TPU film prices in Asia Pacific compared to other regional markets may also complement market growth.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global TPU films market demand was 46,769.1 tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 68,033.1 tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 5.5% from 2014 to 2020.
- Aerospace is expected to be the fastest growing application segment, at an estimated CAGR of 6.6% from 2014 to 2020.
- North America and Europe accounted for over 27% and 19% of the total market volume in 2013, respectively. Increasing use of TPU films in automotive and construction applications is expected to drive the market growth in these regions.
- China and India dominated the TPU films market in Asia Pacific and accounted for over 60% of the market volume in 2013.
- Japan TPU films demand was estimated at 3,685.4 tons in 2013 and is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 4.9% from 2014 to 2020.
- The global TPU films market is highly fragmented with the top four companies including Bayer Material Science, Huntsman, 3M and Permali Gloucester Limited, accounting for just over 40% of the market in 2013. Other companies in the market include American Polyfilm Inc., PAR Group, Nippon, Lubrizol and Avery Dennison.
Get more information with Figures and Charts from TPU Films Market Research Report or request for sample of the report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/tpu-films-industry
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the TPU films market on the basis of application and region:
Global TPU Films Market Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Leisure and sports
• Building & Construction
Global TPU Films Regional Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Browse all reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/plastics-polymers-and-resins
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Web: Grand View Research
Source:Grand View Research